WiFi "Not in Range," unable to connect to Wifi.

JasonH1972

Mar 14, 2016
Visit site
I am unable to connect to WiFi. Every network is suddenly "not in range," even if I am right next to the router. My computer and other devices are connecting to networks just fine. It's not just at home. My phone will not connect to any network anywhere. I'm running 5.0.1 on an unlocked AT&T phone. Factory reset did not help, nor scouring these threads and reading the trouble-shooting guide. Also tried changing DHCP to "static." Tried monkeying around with other settings like, sleep mode and auto switch.

Have never tried rooting a phone but am open to that if there's a simple walkthrough. Between this and multiple "SIM not found" errors on my previous S4, my relationship with Samsung is at a low point. can anyone help? thanks!

novalani

Mar 15, 2016
Visit site
I am unable to connect to WiFi. Every network is suddenly "not in range," even if I am right next to the router. My computer and other devices are connecting to networks just fine. It's not just at home. My phone will not connect to any network anywhere. I'm running 5.0.1 on an unlocked AT&T phone. Factory reset did not help, nor scouring these threads and reading the trouble-shooting guide. Also tried changing DHCP to "static." Tried monkeying around with other settings like, sleep mode and auto switch.

Have never tried rooting a phone but am open to that if there's a simple walkthrough. Between this and multiple "SIM not found" errors on my previous S4, my relationship with Samsung is at a low point. can anyone help? thanks!

I read some other threads and fixed the issue by turning Bluetooth and Bluetooth sharing (location>improve accuracy). apparently you can have Bluetooth and wireless on at the same time. I hope they fix it

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech