Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

dchawk82

Jan 24, 2011
Visit site
Can you imagine how much TMo could dominate if they didn't have terrible service outside of the major markets? As it is, I'm still waiting for the Verizon s4...

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Why is it always that when a phone comes out, they wait till later to release better ones when people already purchased them

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
... Jerks.

Seriously. This will make me angry if it's true. The S4 with stock 4.2/4.3 would be my dream phone.

It would also beg the question of if Samsung could release an update for interested users that would bring stock Android to their preexisting handsets.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk 2

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
I need some proof of this. Not speculation. Google can't hate Samsung, they've put Android in SO MANY faces. Until Samsung stops using Google services I don't see them being anything but friends.

Not sure if they necessarily hate each other, but Samsung clearly has disdain for Google. Otherwise they wouldn't be replicating every google service with their proprietary versions. A company that is happy with their relationship does not do that.

Adawg1203

Jan 30, 2010
Visit site
I need some proof of this. Not speculation. Google can't hate Samsung, they've put Android in SO MANY faces. Until Samsung stops using Google services I don't see them being anything but friends.

Hate is a strong word. The relationship between the two is what you can call, strained. This is nothing new.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
Not sure if they necessarily hate each other, but Samsung clearly has disdain for Google. Otherwise they wouldn't be replicating every google service with their proprietary versions. A company that is happy with their relationship does not do that.

I think its more or so that Samsung wants to have more control over their products, when it comes to updates, functionality, etc, without having to abide by the rules of Google and Android...they want freedom to do what they want on their own products

I don't think Samsung and Google hate each other, otherwise Samsung probably would have not kept Android or Google services on their phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12