Samsung Galaxy S4 GE REMOVES ALL Samsung Features

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Hands On with Engadget: Hands-on with the Samsung Galaxy S 4 running stock Android 4.2

You gotta lose something to gain something

Removes Air Gesture, Camera Modes, Multi Window, Smart features, and all that other good stuff

Yeah as expected. Those things are touchwiz features, not Android so pretty much expected. I mean honestly on vanilla Android people are just going to download a bunch of additional apps to do what stock Android apps should do already. The only + is getting rid of all the bloat but I did that on my root S4. Other than that, I really see little benefit to getting device and will see 0 once AT&T's bootloader is unlocked this month.

Serial Fordicator

May 15, 2011
Visit site
Everyone that complains about how stock android is better had better not complain at all now. Every thread turns into "stock is better." Or " I wish they would make another phone with stock os." Nobody should complain. They are trying to give you what you want, so if all you've done on this forum is complain about what I've mentioned above, go buy one.

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
Everyone that complains about how stock android is better had better not complain at all now. Every thread turns into "stock is better." Or " I wish they would make another phone with stock os." Nobody should complain. They are trying to give you what you want, so if all you've done on this forum is complain about what I've mentioned above, go buy one.
Bzzt, sorry. No CDMA version.

We now return to our regular griping, already in progress.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site

ΜΟΛΩΝ ΛΑΒΕ

They are already complaining about the price.

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
The hardware remains. If the feature is worth it, a developer will find a way to add it back. Most are gimmicky anyhow. I welcome the GE ROM Port to the Verizon S4...can't wait to jettison all Samsung software. I don't use any of it, it's junk.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The hardware remains. If the feature is worth it, a developer will find a way to add it back. Most are gimmicky anyhow. I welcome the GE ROM Port to the Verizon S4...can't wait to jettison all Samsung software. I don't use any of it, it's junk.

Why bother getting the phone if the features are all junk, and you do not use any of them?

You hate the phone so much why did you buy it?

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I'm on Verizon. The Galaxy Nexus sucked (terrible signal strength). My options are limited.

Who is forcing, you to stay on Verizon?

Why don't you just switch to ATT?

You bash the phone every chance you get. Why must do that? We get it that you hate the phone. Can you please stop bashing the phone?

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Who is forcing, you to stay on Verizon?

Why don't you just switch to ATT?

You bash the phone every chance you get. Why must do that? We get it that you hate the phone. Can you please stop bashing the phone?
Carrier > phone.

Samsung makes terrible software. It deserves to be criticized. For the the hardware in the S4, the amount of lag/stutters the carrier version has proves my point.

My point will be solidified even further when the Google Editon absolutely stomps the carrier edition with zero lag and snappiness.

This thread is about the GE edition, relax.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Carrier > phone.

Samsung makes terrible software. It deserves to be criticized. For the the hardware in the S4, the amount of lag/stutters the carrier version has proves my point.

My point will be solidified even further when the Google Editon absolutely stomps the carrier edition with zero lag and snappiness.

This thread is about the GE edition, relax.

I am relaxed, but what about you? You are the one that bought up the S4, and that Samsung is junk. You hate Samsung so much, but are willing to give them your money?

STC09

Dec 3, 2009
Visit site
I can't say I'm impressed with Samsung's quality either. I don't hate them but audio and camera quality on my OG Droid and Nexus One were markedly superior to the GNex, mega pixel changes aside. It certainly wasn't what I expected from a Nexus.

Unfortunately this is the most Nexus-like device to potentially hit VZW in the foreseeable future, even if the chance of that happening is pretty low itself.

smooth4lyfe

Trusted Member
Sep 16, 2012
Visit site

Most likely not, not sure if they removed the sensors or not...also the GE edition has an older processor than the Snapdragon 600

Dreamliner330

Sep 3, 2011
Visit site
Most likely not, not sure if they removed the sensors or not...also the GE edition has an older processor than the Snapdragon 600
It is my understanding (according to Google's release announcement) that hardware wise, they are identical. Do you have a link or other source that shows otherwise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech