New to android, came from Iphone 5

willthetech

May 21, 2011
Visit site
So a week ago I lost my iPhone 5, after days of recovering I decided to get a another iPhone 5. When I was in the store I played with the Galaxy S4 and I decided to get it instead of the iPhone 5 . So for those thinking of switching here is my 2 cents:
Cons:
1. I am sure is not Android OS fault but the Galaxy s4 is very Laggy, even after doing all of the suggestions around here. I really miss the IOS simplicity and smoothness.
2. Gimmick features, I have to say even at the store I disabled many of them, hover over the screen"Really" why?
3. None of the browser are even close to Safari, sorry but even chrome on the iPhone is better
4. Unusable pre-installed software, If i don't want it let me remove it...what happened to the "free to do anything"
5. Notifications - really just at the top bar? and why so many icons of the same kind. I really like the on the face here you go iPhone provides.
6. No visual voice mail...had to download third party app :(
7.Not sure if its the Samsung crappy GUI over the OS but apps are just not as smooth compare to the same app in IOS...Why? this things hardware specs are so powerful...
8. I cant set Gmail as exchange in the mail app...WTF? i have to use the gmail app just to get gmails...ok this one is just crappy...really google?
9 Samsung gets in the way too much i think, will prefer just vanilla android for sure

Pros:
1. Screen size: so much better for typing, no more triple letters when texting
2. Free to do "almost anything" is kind of weird but I like experimentation...we will see
3. remotely install apps from the play store on line...hell yeah!
4. Sync any music...no matter how you got it...:)
5. its Google so all Google software stuff works...most of the time :)
6. many other features for sure, still adapting...

I am sure many fandroids here will defend their choice, but again this is just my personal experience...
Is the phone a good phone...well take the lagginess away and hell yeah...we will see if any future updates can fix this.

Peace........

neiljay6

Apr 29, 2012
Visit site
Maybe you should think about returning the s4 and repurchasing the iphone as your list of cons out numbers your list of pros. And that's ok. Go with what works best for you. Also, the great thing about android is the very thing you seem to hate. That is having a choice to customize it to suit you. Not a jab at you in anyway just trying to be honest and logical.
And mine doesn't lag either;)

willthetech

May 21, 2011
Visit site
Maybe you should think about returning the s4 and repurchasing the iphone as your list of cons out numbers your list of pros. And that's ok. Go with what works best for you. Also, the great thing about android is the very thing you seem to hate. That is having a choice to customize it to suit you. Not a jab at you in anyway just trying to be honest and logical.
And mine doesn't lag either;)

I thought about that but unfortunately I cant get the iPhone free like the GS4 (Friend at ATT deal), seems that Apple keeps a tight grip hand on prices...But honestly at the end of the day they all accomplish the same for me... mobile satisfaction :).

blackmannx#AC

Panda Motherfrinkin King
Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
most of the issues that you have are due to touchwiz.. read around and by the time your done here you will have that thing rooted and running a nice fast clean rom that will make all that sammy junk a thing of the past. Sadly the very thing that makes android great which is the open nature allows companies like Samsung to pile all their crap on a phone. Samsung copied Apple in every way but one and that's understanding how a UI should be smooth and get out the way for a user to get what they want to done.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Robbyworkman1995