HTC ONE Google Edition VS. Galaxy S4 Google Edition

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the evo (I had it) and one X have build quality issues.

Ports dying, dead spots on screens, speakers dying, yes build quality issues. The devices were poorly built.

And you don't like the home button, saturated colors, and the plastic, fine, but we weren't even talking about that, we were talking about the build quality.

What's wrong with the build quality?

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Again, not my experience.

And I was talking about the home button and etc. because that was the topic of the thread, comparing the two devices.

I don't know why you're asking me what's wrong with the build quality, I essentially asked you that. HTC has a solid reputation for the build of their devices which you've attempted to call into question.

I voiced my opinions on the topic of the thread, which was comparing the S4 against the One. Nothing more.

The Hustleman

May 28, 2010
Visit site
Again, not my experience.

And I was talking about the home button and etc. because that was the topic of the thread, comparing the two devices.

I don't know why you're asking me what's wrong with the build quality, I essentially asked you that. HTC has a solid reputation for the build of their devices which you've attempted to call into question.

I voiced my opinions on the topic of the thread, which was comparing the S4 against the One. Nothing more.

Solid build?

I see those mentioned issues all the time from friends and people at work. It's always an issue with their phones and let's not even go there about their God awful battery life after 6 months to a year.

HTC has build quality issues, meanwhile Samsung has really great build quality but people always ignore it because the phone is plastic.

Half these idiots don't even understand that plastic has nothing to do with build quality.

And why is Samsung the only company that gets talked about negatively about plastic?

EVERY phone maker has used it.

Nokia still does Lg does, yet when Samsung does it it's suddenly a problem?

return_0

Sep 16, 2012
Visit site
And why is Samsung the only company that gets talked about negatively about plastic?

Because the Lumia 920 isn't the One's main competitor.

Sent from my pure Google Nexus 4 using Android Central Forums

Suda

Mar 13, 2013
Visit site
Solid build?

I see those mentioned issues all the time from friends and people at work. It's always an issue with their phones and let's not even go there about their God awful battery life after 6 months to a year.

HTC has build quality issues, meanwhile Samsung has really great build quality but people always ignore it because the phone is plastic.

Half these idiots don't even understand that plastic has nothing to do with build quality.

Take it easy. Every phone released has some manufacturing problems, not all of them can be 100% pristine (apple scuffgate, htc gapgate, whatever samsung phones get, etc.). That's just how it is when you mass produce anything, you're bound to get some faulties. A battery eroding after months or years of use is just something that's inevitable, but on the other hand only two manufacturers regardless of OS (Samsung, LG) still make phones with removable batteries. Instead of pinpointing HTC, try praising Samsung and LG for being in the game and still leaving the option possible because they're heavily outnumbered when it comes to making phones accessible to this extent.

As far as plastic goes, you're going to get those that lament plastic just as you get those that don't care about it. That's just how it is with people and opinions. I for one though, am glad that a metal android phone now exists. Simply because manufacturers will probably look to change materials. If materials get changed then there's less complaining to read. Samsung just got topped this year in terms of quality, it's not the end of the world. It's not like HTC is putting Samsung out of business, the S4 is still a premiere phone and has probably already sold a couple thousand by the time I get done typing this and proofreading. But Samsung most admittedly, is in the one OEM most in need for a design refresh and they'll probably look to do so with the S5, and so will other manufacturers.

What is considered to be a huge advantage to HTC in 2013, may not necessarily be that way in 2014.

TheLibertarian

Sep 3, 2012
Visit site
Solid build?

1) I certainly won't debate HTC's battery issues, we agree on that one.

2) I'm quite competent enough to comprehend the difference between build quality vs. materials. I've been one to defend Samsung in most threads for all the dimwits crying about the build quality before the device was even released.

3) Plastic is cheap. That's why Samsung receives the negativity. They make a good product, and they invest an incredible amount of time creating their TouchWiz universe, so it feels as though Sammy just tries to skate by with using plastic, IMO. And of course plastic does have it's advantages, I'm certainly not debating that. But in this day and age, the top dollar superphones are using top dollar materials. Anything less is seen as a lack of effort.

3.5) To summarize point #3, I'm merely making the case that Samsung is held to a higher standard, and that's why this plastic has become an issue. They make the best selling Android device of all time, they created a vast, unique software experience, but then they wrap their toy in low quality material.

4) The topic of the thread was comparing the devices. As I stated, I do not intend to purchase either. I gave my opinions on which device was more valuable and worth more. So, again, take away all the software perks, and I'm saying the device crafted from metal, with that LCD3 display and those audio components, is worth more than Samsung's offering. Samsung has the better camera, and they offer additional storage via microSD, but, IMO, the display is a notch worse, and it's made from a lesser substance than the HTC One.

The thread is all about opinions and the need of the user. I gave my relatively unbiased views on the matter.

Last edited:

bunique4life05

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
HTC has had some pretty bad build quality for a while now.
Evo, evo 3d, evo shift, one X, one s, Rezound, droid incredible, etc.

All those phones had build quality issues.

It's too early to tell with the one, it's only been out for a moment, but a broke company like htc, i can see them having build quality materials.

I'm just curious, what about htc build quality do you like?

Durability and batches of flawed build quality from HTC was only in a few products compared to their entire phone catalog.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Android Central Forums

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
LTE IS 4G.

You basically said "htc had decided not to include 1700 antennas for 4G...just for 4G"

In areas where tmobile doesn't have LTE, with this phone you are stuck on edge.

Sent from my Nexus

He means this Hustleman... You won't connect to T-mobiles 4G (A.K.A. 3G HSPA) with this phone. He isn't talking about the 4G LTE of Tmobile.

Sent from my Sprint S3 using AC forums.