Disable Car Mode

cifmiller

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm sorry if this has already been posted, I'm new to the site and am still working my way around. I saw a post for the galaxy s2 disabling the car mode but I couldn't figure it out on the galaxy s4. I like using car home v3 mainly because I am used to it. On my Droid 3 that I just came from, when I put the phone on the dock the first time it would ask me which car mode I wanted to use and I could check "always do this". I just got the iBolt car dock because it is big enough to fit any phone. When I plug it in the the gs4 the car mode starts and I think I can turn it off and then click on the car home v3 app but that is obviously annoying. Also if I press the home button it takes me back to the original home screen, not the car home v3 app home screen. So what I am really asking is

1. How to disable car mode on gs4?

2. How to make it so when I press the home button it doesn't go back to the main home page but the car home v3 home screen, assuming disabling car mode won't fix this?

Steven Ayepa

Aug 5, 2013
Visit site
Hey get to Apps or Applications in Settings, select all Applications..scroll down and select Car Home....In Car Home tap on Stop, and Disable. U will have put car mode off.

cifmiller

Mar 20, 2012
Visit site
Hey thanks for responding. I never got an email or anything saying someone responded and I stopped checking after a while since no one did. Sorry for the delay in responding. But I'm not seeing car home in all apps to be able to disable it. Any other thoughts anyone?