Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
Results 26 to 50 of 54
  1. #26  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    West side Highway in Chelsea
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
  2. Thread Author  Thread Author    #27  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    West side Highway in Chelsea
    Guess what. I will be over there in 30 men's. I gotta see this.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  3. #28  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    11th ave and 22nd street.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4 Beta
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #29  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    In the exact same location I am getting 36 down during mid-day. Very impressive speeds.

    Penetration is the same with LTE, maybe slightly better. Difference is minor.

    T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE-1374688121656.jpg

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  5. #30  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Good to see there are some good results. I ordered a GE S4 last night and will be using it with tmobile's $30 unlimited text/data 100 minute plan.

    Does anyone know how voip call quality is on the S4 in general and over LTE specifically. My N4 was never very good in that regard and it was useless of hspa+
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #31  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    On talkatone it's decent. Maybe groove is better?

    Also the antennae seems to be a bit better.

    Quote Originally Posted by Google_Superuser View Post
    Good to see there are some good results. I ordered a GE S4 last night and will be using it with tmobile's $30 unlimited text/data 100 minute plan.

    Does anyone know how voip call quality is on the S4 in general and over LTE specifically. My N4 was never very good in that regard and it was useless of hspa+


    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  7. #32  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Good to know. I have been using the paid version of grooveip. Works great on wifi as long as I have the proper echo cancellation settings for the N4. There was a huge delay with att hspa and the lesser reception of tmobile makes it completely unusable.
  8. #33  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    In the exact same location I am getting 36 down during mid-day. Very impressive speeds.

    Penetration is the same with LTE, maybe slightly better. Difference is minor.

    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	1374688121656.jpg 
Views:	33 
Size:	92.6 KB 
ID:	74739

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    You should definitely do better than that! Stand right on that traffic light light island on 22nd. That's the sweet spot
    T-Mobile 4G LTE
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #34  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by milan03 View Post
    You should definitely do better than that! Stand right on that traffic light light island on 22nd. That's the sweet spot
    I was sitting in my car right across. I think it was related to the time of day.

    Are they releasing that for the entire city?

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  10. Thread Author  Thread Author    #35  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by Google_Superuser View Post
    Good to know. I have been using the paid version of grooveip. Works great on wifi as long as I have the proper echo cancellation settings for the N4. There was a huge delay with att hspa and the lesser reception of tmobile makes it completely unusable.
    Groove ip did not work for me, talkatone worked just fine with no adjustments to the settings.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    Last edited by evperry; 07-25-2013 at 03:37 PM.
  11. #36  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    Groove ip did not work for me with Nebraska talkatone worked just fine with no adjustments to the settings.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    Interesting. I am going to wait and test grooveip once I get my S4GE (since I have the pay version). If it doesn't work I'll try talkatone.
  12. #37  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Just a question: What type of plan do you guys have for T-Mobile? The prepaid or ....?
  13. #38  
    Greenghost500's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    70$ prepaid unlimited everything.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  14. Thread Author  Thread Author    #39  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBIO View Post
    Just a question: What type of plan do you guys have for T-Mobile? The prepaid or ....?
    Prepaid unlimited. 70

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    Thanked by:
  15. #40  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    I'm on the $30 pre-paid unlimited text/data 100 minute per month plan. Good if you are like me and don't make voice calls very often.
  16. Thread Author  Thread Author    #41  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by Google_Superuser View Post
    I'm on the $30 pre-paid unlimited text/data 100 minute per month plan. Good if you are like me and don't make voice calls very often.
    If you work in an office or have constant access to wifi, this is the best way to go.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  17. #42  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by evperry View Post
    If you work in an office or have constant access to wifi, this is the best way to go.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
    That sounds like a fantastic deal. The speeds are LTE right? And I usually waste 110 minutes so how much do they charge per extra minute?
  18. Thread Author  Thread Author    #43  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBIO View Post
    That sounds like a fantastic deal. The speeds are LTE right? And I usually waste 110 minutes so how much do they charge per extra minute?
    They charge nothing per minute but unless you live in a strong LTE area the voip is gonna be weak. Hspa+ doesn't work that well with viop.

    Lte in nyc is smoking fast and works super with voip.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  19. #44  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    I don't really have strong enough lte here to use voip over data. I have a google voice number and I have it set to forward calls to my cell number. If I am on wifi I answer it with grooveip, if I am on cell data grooveip turns off and it just goes straight to my real cell number.

    The only real downside is that when it comes in on wifi there is a little delay when I answer as technically both dialers are ringing but the grooveip dialer supercedes the cell dialer. An inelegant but effective solution.

    I pretty much just give out my google voice number for business things as it accepts both calls and texts and I use my real cell with friends since they are the ones sending me mms which doesn't work with gvoice.
  20. #45  
    jsabo's Avatar

    Posts
    24 Posts
    Global Posts
    449 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by AndroidBIO View Post
    That sounds like a fantastic deal. The speeds are LTE right? And I usually waste 110 minutes so how much do they charge per extra minute?
    LTE speeds, but in Los Angeles so far, I'm only getting about 8Mbps down, vs the 20Mbps down I got from AT&T. Getting about 8 up from both, though. Not clear if I need to complain about speeds or not, this is about what I got when I was on an HPSA network.

    Additional minutes are supposed to be 10 cents each
  21. #46  
    Greenghost500's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    These are my LTE speeds in the Westside of Chicago.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE-uploadfromtaptalk1376011053044.jpg  
  22. Thread Author  Thread Author    #47  
    evperry's Avatar

    Posts
    335 Posts
    Global Posts
    562 Global Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Quote Originally Posted by Greenghost500 View Post
    These are my LTE speeds in the Westside of Chicago.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
    You gotta give it to tmobile. If you are in an urban environment, the lack of building penetration is worth the speed and low price. The ceo was on bloomberg today and he clearly understands what has to be done to retain and to lure people away from sprint, Verizon and AT&T. This company is gonna win....

    I hate my service with tmobile but I won't switch back to Verizon.

    Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app
  23. #48  
    Greenghost500's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    I don't have building penertration problems like I thought I was gonna have. I got those speeds in my apt in the basement.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
  24. #49  

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    Does anyone know if I can somehow refill my minutes if I run out for the month on the $30 plan? Just curious it would be good to know.
  25. #50  
    Greenghost500's Avatar
    Banned

    Posts
    9 Posts

    Default Re: T-Mobile LTE with S4 GE

    U can either put money in your account either by cash in store or debit or credit card.

    Sent from my T-Mobile LG Escape running 4.1.2 using Tapatalk 2
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 10
    Last Post: 10-26-2013, 07:10 PM
  2. AT&T LTE
    By James Cortez in forum Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition
    Replies: 59
    Last Post: 08-22-2013, 10:52 AM
  3. How to enable LTE only?
    By sterandroids in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 07-13-2013, 06:35 AM
  4. HTC One or wait for Tri-band LTE
    By No Cover in forum Sprint HTC One
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 07-11-2013, 03:52 PM
  5. HTC One 4G Lte sim card
    By faze1337 in forum Sprint HTC One
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-10-2013, 07:04 PM

Posting Permissions

B