How do I take screenshots with the Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

shanesaccount

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Got the new phone yesterday, and can't seem to figure out how to take screenshots.
The standard Power + Home combo doesn't work... (and of course the Touchwiz slide palm gesture is absent). PLEASE HELP! :-\
Does anyone know how to do this with the native stock android functionality?
Or does anyone know anyone at google that can help find out?

(I DON'T want to have to install an app)
Thanks Kids!

newsman787

Jul 6, 2011
Visit site
On my Nexus 4, hitting power button and volume rocker down at same time does a screen shot. Perhaps that will work.

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk 2

jdaman79

Jul 13, 2013
Visit site
I bought my S4 from T-Mobile and flashed it to pure Google. The power button and the down volume button simultaneously works well for me.

anon(6174973)

Jul 5, 2013
Visit site
How would I know if my S4 is s GE?
For me the power as and home key depressed together work

To take screenshot on the original s4, you press the power and home buttons. Isn't it stated somewhere whether your s4 is google edition or not?

Sent from my HP Slate 7 using Tapatalk 4 Beta

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Any recommendations for apps that can customize how I want to take my screenshots? For example, long press Menu button?

EDIT: To clarify, I can't use shake because I already set shake to lock my phone.
EDIT: I found a solution that worked for me and should work for those with Tasker and have rooted their phone. Basically, I set the application (optional) I want and use the proximity sensor which runs "/system/bin/screencap -p /path/%TIMES". If you don't need to limit this to a particular application, you don't need it and if you can specify a different event to trigger. You can find more built-in variables for Tasker here. The UI for Tasker is a bit confusing at first, so you can use simple actions like vibrate to test.

Last edited: