Wifi doesn't always reconnect on wake ? anyone else have this problem?

Phil Nickinson

Android Central Editor Emeritus
Apr 21, 2009
Visit site
Like the title says. I'm having an issue where Wifi doesn't reconnect after I wake the phone.

Anyone else seeing this?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The regular Galaxy S4 has WiFi connection problems for a lot of people even after the update recently released through most carriers.

Posted via Android Central App

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The regular Galaxy S4 has WiFi connection problems for a lot of people even after the update recently released through most carriers.

This. I have seen this issue posted on a lot of forums (for the normal s4) and bluetooth too, but do not really know of a fix.

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
New to smartphones but sleep mode as in single press the power button where the screen goes black? I've never had problems.

In the "Advanced Wi-Fi" options, there is a "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" and mine is set to "Always". I think that's what you want?

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
New to smartphones but sleep mode as in single press the power button where the screen goes black? I've never had problems.

In the "Advanced Wi-Fi" options, there is a "Keep Wi-Fi on during sleep" and mine is set to "Always". I think that's what you want?

I am familiar with that setting and have my non-Google edition S4 set up that way and it is still a problem.

Good to see a new AC member posting and trying to help!

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
I'm guessing maybe some power saving app is affecting it? Maybe some router logs might point out what's going on. Just a guess though.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using AC Forums mobile app

illwood

Jun 13, 2010
Visit site
The solution that I recently found was to change the WPA2 security encryption method/protocol from AES to TKIP. If your router allows, a TKIP + AES should also work.

This would make sense that our would happen to all S4 devices because it is tied to hardware, not software.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
The solution that I recently found was to change the WPA2 security encryption method/protocol from AES to TKIP. If your router allows, a TKIP + AES should also work.

This would make sense that our would happen to all S4 devices because it is tied to hardware, not software.

Well that stinks if you are outside of your house. Mostly everyone uses WPA2

planoman

Aug 12, 2010
Visit site
Something is going on with the wifi on my Google edition. Something is wonky but I have not pinpointed it yet. My TW S4 has been flawless on wifi. I switched my GE S4 to my 5Ghz band to see if that does anything...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech