rooting

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
When r u root your phone . do u still get updates ie 4.3 when it comes

If you stick with stock Android, you will get the updates. You might have to unroot and then re-root, but that only takes 2 minutes.

If you put a custom ROM, then no.

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
Assuming you're using the rooting method I linked above, you will automatically get a new app installed called SuperSU. That app allows you to unroot.
Thanks!

How important is it to use TriangleAway? I think this is something I would only need if I were to return the phone right?

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Thanks!

How important is it to use TriangleAway? I think this is something I would only need if I were to return the phone right?

Ya, I think if you were making a warranty claim you might need to do this, not really sure. I've never used TriangleAway and I've rooted my last 3 phones.

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
So u rv saying to remove the SU app just to be unroot?

Google Edition S4 T-Mobile

No. SuperSU has a "remove root" function. There are two parts to root...the su binary in your system partition and the "app" (SuperSU, SuperUser, etc) that controls access to it. Just removing the app does NOT remove root. There is also a utility that Matt Groff created in the Play Store to unroot.

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...etails?id=com.universal.unroot&token=PsaHnjPK

SamuriHL

Feb 22, 2011
Visit site
If you have a full stock image, sure. I haven't seen one out there for the S4 GPE. I'm hoping a fully image is posted somewhere at some point. Maybe after 4.3 drops this week.

mattopotamus

Nov 15, 2012
Visit site
Just to clear up some misdirection. If you root, but keep the stock recovery and rom you will get the update OTA. If you put a custom recovery the OTA will download but fail to install.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Laila Nance