1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Question Get rid of Update notices

How do I stop receiveing update notices for a specific App (Google Maps) ? BUT WAIT READ ON....1) I have already stopped all auto-updates in general, and 2) have unchecked the box for notifiications for the specific app (MAPS), but I still receive an Update button when checking 'My Apps List'. I uninstalled all updates to MAPS and restored the factory version which I prefer and wish to keep, but would just like to avoid having the UPDATE FOR maps SHOW UP EVERY TIME I CHECK 'My Apps List' from now to kingdom come.
    I can't find any way to contact GOOGLE Support on this because I have a free gmail account, and any form of support apparently requires an upgrade (paid).

BTY I love my Samsung S4, after coming from a long list of Motorola phones including many Droid versions. Thanks in advance for any help or direction you may provide.

Global Posts
    13,895 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Get rid of Update notices

Quote Originally Posted by pharologst View Post
    How do I stop receiveing update notices for a specific App (Google Maps) ? BUT WAIT READ ON....1) I have already stopped all auto-updates in general, and 2) have unchecked the box for notifiications for the specific app (MAPS), but I still receive an Update button when checking 'My Apps List'. I uninstalled all updates to MAPS and restored the factory version which I prefer and wish to keep, but would just like to avoid having the UPDATE FOR maps SHOW UP EVERY TIME I CHECK 'My Apps List' from now to kingdom come.
    I can't find any way to contact GOOGLE Support on this because I have a free gmail account, and any form of support apparently requires an upgrade (paid).

BTY I love my Samsung S4, after coming from a long list of Motorola phones including many Droid versions. Thanks in advance for any help or direction you may provide.
    If you mean the update list in Play that you access from your phone? I don't think you can get rid of that. What it is your phone and Google don't have the same version and Play is telling you there is an update for it.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Global Posts
    4,266 Global Posts

Default Re: Get rid of Update notices

You update whatever needs to be updated and the notification is gone. Easy like that.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4
    2013 Nexus 7, Galaxy S4 GPE and HTC M8 Developer edition =)