got a new replacment to my s3 and its a S4!! Need to know how to get rid of unwanted apps?

powerwagon79

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
Want to delete some apps Ill never use and think its a waste and wasting my space on my phone..how do I get rid of them?:confused:..If you want I can tell you whats all on my phone and you can tell me do I really need them??

powerwagon79

Jul 4, 2013
Visit site
the ones that are your phone..not the ones you down loaded..I keep on seeing new apps on my phone..some Of these apps i'll never use..just taking up data space..flipboard,audible.and so on..my wife told me you cant get rid of them because there factrory set..

hlxanthus

May 22, 2011
Visit site
We need more information. You are posting in the Google edition thread but I doubt you have that device (as there is no real bloat on that device). So which carrier do you have to start with. Next are you wanting to remove them entirely or just hide them? To remove them will require rooting your phone to do that. If you just want to hide them you can do that in a few ways. One, you can disable many via the settings>apps section. Choose your app you want to disable, then choose . . disable :)

Be careful doing this as some apps are dependant on other apps so don't go disabling things without any sense of how it will impact the rest of the system.

Another option is to use a custom launcher like nova or apex to hide them from the app drawer so they are for all intents gone (but some like maps or Google now will likely still run in the background)

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 2

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
the ones that are your phone..not the ones you down loaded..I keep on seeing new apps on my phone..some Of these apps i'll never use..just taking up data space..flipboard,audible.and so on..my wife told me you cant get rid of them because there factrory set..

Are you sure you have a Galaxy S4 Google play edition phone? Or do you have a regular GS4? The GS4 GPE doesn't come with unwanted apps or bloatware.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kirk781