Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Results 1 to 6 of 6
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  
    jd914's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts

    Question I can't seem to take screenshots

    I'm pressing the home and power buttons simultaneously and it's not working. Google now always comes up. I'm no n00b just don't know if i'm using the right button combo. What am I doing wrong? TIA

    EDIT figured it out power, home and volume down does the trick
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
  2. #2  

    Default Re: I can't seem to take screenshots

    Also you can enable your Palm Motion under your My Device setting tabs. Then a simple swipe across the screen will give you the same result
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  3. #3  

    Default Re: I can't seem to take screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by Paul627g View Post
    Also you can enable your Palm Motion under your My Device setting tabs. Then a simple swipe across the screen will give you the same result
    And where would those settings be on the Google Edition S4? Since, that's the forum we're in.
  4. #4  

    Default Re: I can't seem to take screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    And where would those settings be on the Google Edition S4? Since, that's the forum we're in.
    Got me there

    My mistake I realized it was only for the carrier branded S4 and not the Google Edition.

    Sent from my Nexus 7 using AC Forums mobile app
    Paul
    Moderator Team Leader @ Android Central





  5. #5  

    Default Re: I can't seem to take screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by jd914 View Post
    I'm pressing the home and power buttons simultaneously and it's not working. Google now always comes up. I'm no n00b just don't know if i'm using the right button combo. What am I doing wrong? TIA

    EDIT figured it out power, home and volume down does the trick
    Power plus Volume Down are quite enough. Touching Home is not useful in taking a screenshot and indeed will also change the display and so likely misdirect any screenshot to a shot of a different screen.
    Last edited by argold; 08-21-2013 at 12:49 PM.
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  
    jd914's Avatar

    Posts
    784 Posts
    Global Posts
    4,356 Global Posts

    Default Re: I can't seem to take screenshots

    Quote Originally Posted by argold View Post
    Power plus Volume Down are quite enough. Touching Home is not useful in taking a screenshot and indeed will also change the display and so likely misdirect any screenshot to a shot of a different screen.
    Yep I eventually figured out how to do it the right way. Thanks for the help =)
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 25
    Last Post: 01-22-2014, 12:14 PM
  2. SD card always asks to be formatted. HELP!!!
    By RSoetarso in forum T-Mobile Galaxy Note 2
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 09-24-2013, 07:59 PM
  3. Can't transfer data from comp to nexus 4
    By dorblayzer in forum Google Nexus 4
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:56 AM
  4. Can I manually update my HOX to 4.2.2?
    By Craig1994 in forum Android 4.1 / 4.2 / 4.3 Jelly Bean
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 10:14 AM
  5. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 08-20-2013, 09:31 AM

Posting Permissions