New GS4 Google Edition - Can't setup (no keyboard)

mjolsen74

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
ok.. Hopefully Im not a total moron here :)

I have a GS4 Google Edition that just came in.. Fired it up, but when I am prompted for any text entries the keyboard never comes up and I can't type anything!!

I have taken battery out and rebooted and never get a keyboard... Any ideas??

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
Best way to fix this is by plugging in a PC keyboard using otg cable and use it that way until you manage to install a keyboard.

Sent from my GT-I9505 using Tapatalk 2

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
what would cause this? it is brand new directly from google... this can't possibly be the End user experience??

Even I don't understand why you have no keyboard. I'm using the original s4 not the Google edition. But like I said the way to get your keyboard by using a otg to plug in your PC keyboard using as a temp to get a phone keyboard.

mjolsen74

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
thanks.. tried everything..

talking to google now and they had me reset factory/wipe etc.. still nada.. sending me out a new one... :( what a great first experience with the GPE :|

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
thanks.. tried everything..

talking to google now and they had me reset factory/wipe etc.. still nada.. sending me out a new one... :( what a great first experience with the GPE :|

Let us know how it goes for you. And quick question does the s4 gpe still have the standard sensors that are found in the Samsung stock version of the s4?

mjolsen74

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
so, phone is being replaced.. what a cluster... of course they told me verbally last night that they would get one right out to me, and then today I get an email that I have to basically "order a new one" with a special link and it won't actually charge me unless they don't get the first one back... so two more days since they don't do overnight shipping.

Very strange issue as I am able to get into the phone just the keyboard never runs/pops up... but it would randomly reboot when trying to access the keyboard.

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
so, phone is being replaced.. what a cluster... of course they told me verbally last night that they would get one right out to me, and then today I get an email that I have to basically "order a new one" with a special link and it won't actually charge me unless they don't get the first one back... so two more days since they don't do overnight shipping.

Very strange issue as I am able to get into the phone just the keyboard never runs/pops up... but it would randomly reboot when trying to access the keyboard.

Definitely a bug on the phone.

mjolsen74

Aug 20, 2013
Visit site
so, I hate slamming a company on forums.. but I have to say this whole experience pisses me off with Google.. They are a third rate company and have extremely poor customer service.

I followed their process and now checked, the ship date is next week. They can't do anything about that, unwilling to ship over night or even ship today. I was extremely polite and explained that I felt this was poor customer service. They said there is nothing they can do and If I didn't like it I can refuse the shipment whenever it gets here and send back the device I have that is broken and just not have a GPE...

I even asked the guy if I purchased a new one right now, it would ship and I would have it in two days.. but since this is a cross ship RMA its a different stock...

Way to go google!!!! I pay 600 bucks and then have to have another 600 dollar hold on my card until this whole issue is resolved..

mysticmeg

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
so, I hate slamming a company on forums.. but I have to say this whole experience pisses me off with Google.. They are a third rate company and have extremely poor customer service.

I followed their process and now checked, the ship date is next week. They can't do anything about that, unwilling to ship over night or even ship today. I was extremely polite and explained that I felt this was poor customer service. They said there is nothing they can do and If I didn't like it I can refuse the shipment whenever it gets here and send back the device I have that is broken and just not have a GPE...

I even asked the guy if I purchased a new one right now, it would ship and I would have it in two days.. but since this is a cross ship RMA its a different stock...

Way to go google!!!! I pay 600 bucks and then have to have another 600 dollar hold on my card until this whole issue is resolved..

Wait a minute. Why don't you ask for a refund on your current device and then send it back get your money back and then order the same phone and you'll have the same stock of the phone.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jcl678