1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Save photos to SD card?

Hey,
    I just got my google edition S4 and was wondering how I can set this up? I've searched all over the phone. Can anybody tell me? Thanks!

Default Re: Save photos to SD card?

Being a Google Edition I'm assuming it includes Google's stock camera app, right? Not Samsung's... Well, if that's the case, you're in luck (or out of it, rather)! You can't. There's no setting for that in the stock Android camera. If you want to save your pictures to an SD Card, your only options are to move them after you've taken them or to download and use a different camera app with SD Card support.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I just noticed that and the other thread. Sorry about that. I downloaded JB+ and it seems to let me. Does that sound correct?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
    I just noticed that and the other thread. Sorry about that. I downloaded JB+ and it seems to let me. Does that sound correct?
    If you are on 4.2.2 yes it will allow it. Do not update to 4.3 or it will break that function. Read the 4.3 SD card access thread.

It is still a kick **** device! It can read anything on the SD card so other pictures loaded and music etc can all be read and an app called es file explorer can for some reason move photos etc from internal storage to the external sd card.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Does JB+ allow you to store photos taken to the SD Card?

Quote Originally Posted by Chad H View Post
    Does JB+ allow you to store photos taken to the SD Card?
    On 4.2.2 yes. On 4.3 no. Once updated to 4.3 this is changed in the OS and no third party app can write to the external card except es file explorer.
    Lumia 925 w/Black, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

If you are comfortable tinkering with your phone you can make this possible. I was able to do so with relative ease but I don't mind tinkering. Follow the instructions from this post and you will be able to run JB+ Camera and save to SD.

4.3 SD write access