Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By planoman
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4: Mobile Data Issues

I have been experiencing some issues (on my S4) in the mobile data that started yesterday. My phone wont use the mobile data even when it is turned on in the settings. The only time it uses the mobile data is when trying to send an mms (which it does). I dont know that much about androids seeing as i switched from apple about a month ago, please help!

Global Posts
    22,236 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Samsung Galaxy S4 Mobile Data Issues

Quote Originally Posted by aboardman View Post
    I have been experiencing some issues (on my S4) in the mobile data that started yesterday. My phone wont use the mobile data even when it is turned on in the settings. The only time it uses the mobile data is when trying to send an mms (which it does). I dont know that much about androids seeing as i switched from apple about a month ago, please help!
    Welcome to the forums and Android!
    What carrier are you on?
    Have you tried turning on Airplane mode for a few seconds? What that does is kills power to the cell radios, and when you turn it off, it powers them back up again. But when it does that it is like a forced refresh of your signal, and may reconnect you to the net.

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

I am on Verizon. I tried the airplane mode and left it on for a few minutes and the problem still occurs.

MMS uses cell data not mobile data I believe. Is your mobile data checked in mobile network settings?

Sent from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
  5. Thread Author  Thread Author    #5  

Yes mobile data is activated.

Yes mobile data is activated.
    Did it ever work? If not, give Verizon a call to make sure your account is provisioned correctly.

Sent from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    Nexus 6 (64GB), Moto X 32GB Pure, iPhone 6 Plus Unlocked, OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8, iPad Air 2
    Golfdriver97 likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

Yes it was working perfectly fine for about three weeks until yesterday night.

Hello, I am facing a problem: My galaxy S4 was dropped by mistake and the screen got broken. The screen was repaired and now it works ok.
    However, I cant get my mobile data to work. ive tried all sorts of things and yet its still not working. the phone is brand new and only got my sim card this morning. My mobile network will just not work at all. WIFI works perfectly fine but no mobile and as a consequence no calls or internet from mobile data. I dont know if it has to do with the new android version, or if maybe something was damaged during repair. I have done twice the factory reset with no success. I highly appreciate your support. Best regards

Having problem in mobile data, its not connecting even i have restart

Hello, please help. My mobile data won't connect after software update 4.4.2 on samsung s4.

Hi!
    I registered just to post a solution I found to work for my case. I had the exact same problem.
    What I tried is that I entered the recovery mode and deleted the cache partition. ONLY THE CACHE! No need for a factory reset or anything. Once the phone rebooted, 3g and 4g work just fine.
    Hope it helps!

Default Re: Galaxy S4: Mobile Data Issues

I had this exact problem, made sure everything was ticked in setting etc. So this us what worked for me....

Press the side button which brings up the menu to restart or shut down the phone.

There is an option that says 'data network mode' mine must of deactivated for some reason, maybe in my pocket, so I pressed it and all works fine now

Under which category did you clear cache?

Quote Originally Posted by Yanos Odrin View Post
    Hi!
    I registered just to post a solution I found to work for my case. I had the exact same problem.
    What I tried is that I entered the recovery mode and deleted the cache partition. ONLY THE CACHE! No need for a factory reset or anything. Once the phone rebooted, 3g and 4g work just fine.
    Hope it helps!
    I don understand what mean what is recovery mode n how to get there

Steps to clear application cache on your Samsung Galaxy S4

Clearing the application cache removes temporary files and frees up memory - your personal settings or information remain intact.

Be sure you clear only the application cache and not the application data.
    1.From the home screen, tap Apps.
    2.Scroll to and tap Settings.
    3.Tap More.
    4.Tap Application manager.
    5.Swipe left to view the All tab.
    6.Scroll to and tap an application.
    7.Tap Clear cache.
    8.You've now cleared the application cache.