Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Angry Please help, it's driving me crazy.

Hello everyone and thank you in advance,

This is my problem. I bought the GS4 about 4 months ago. Everything was going great. Fast phone, great features, I was in love. However everything changed 7 days ago.

I went on vacation out of the country 7 days ago (I live in California, its relevant I promess). On the night I arrived, I conected via wifi to my cousins house. Everything seemed fine.

6 days ago my phone started to go crazy. The wifi connection will not stay on! it drops every 10 to 15 mins. I have tried in dozens of wifi locations, all act the same way, including privately owned houses.

Also, every app in my phone except the music player keeps crashing and force closing. It happens every time I use an app. I can not use an app for more than 15 mins because it force closes and I have to restart. Even the keyboard will close and restart.

I think this is what might be happening with the wifi. It somehow force closes and restarts about a minute later. These are the only things that have changed:

1. Out of the country.
    2. Turned off data.
    3. Allowed international calling to be turned on.

I really hope its just an out of the country thing. I have tried soft resent, turn on and off and nothing helps. Anyone have any idea what's causing this?

Sorry for the long post and gramar errors, this is an international keyboard that Im not used to. But this issue has totally crippled mu GS4 that I love.

Default Re: Please help, it's driving me crazy.

The app force closing is most likely not an out of country problem. Try clearing the cache partition. You can do that by powering your phone off. Next, hold the power button, the volume up, and the home button. You should come to a screen, and select wipe cache partition. Once it is done, select reboot. I hope that fixes your problems!

Sent from my Galaxy S3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Please help, it's driving me crazy.

Thanks neonworm. I tried doing your suggestion several times, but my phone always just turns on the normal way.

Edit: I was actually able to do it. But the problem is that I get an error message after selecting wipe cache partition. It goes into erasing, then I get the little android on his back with the exclamation sign saying error. Them it just reboots to the normal screen.
    Last edited by eregoz; 09-07-2013 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by eregoz View Post
    Thanks neonworm. I tried doing your suggestion several times, but my phone always just turns on the normal way.

Edit: I was actually able to do it. But the problem is that I get an error message after selecting wipe cache partition. It goes into erasing, then I get the little android on his back with the exclamation sign saying error. Them it just reboots to the normal screen.
    I know I'm a week late compared to the last post, so hopefully you've already found a solution.

You may find it necessary to do a factory wipe of your phone. If you do, be aware that if you're out of the country, you may have some trouble downloading your apps again. The Play store will see you're from outside the US (non-US IP address) and some apps may be restricted/unavailable.

Posted from my Galaxy Note 8.0 via the Android Central App
    32GB Nexus 5 32GB Nexus 7