Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By jd914
  • 1 Post By srkmagnus
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How many are selling their Google Edition S4 when the Nexus 5 hits?

I most likely will sell one of my S4's just not sure yet which one. Maybe both. The nexus 5 looks pretty sweet if the rumors pan out.

Posted from my bada$$ GT-I9505G
    Last edited by planoman; 10-06-2013 at 12:39 PM.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

Global Posts
    4,371 Global Posts

Default Re: How many are selling their Google Edition S4 when the Nexus 5 hits?

If the nexus 5 is more impressive than my GS4 GPE I'll more than likely get it. Right now I'm thinking there is no need to move on to the nexus 5. Minus the Snapdragon 800 I don't see any other compelling reason to move to the Nexus 5. That within itself isn't reason enough. I'm going to wait and see what it has to offer.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk 4
    2013 Nexus Seven and HTC M8 Developer edition =)
    planoman likes this.

Global Posts
    7,652 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

With a Gpe device you should be receiving updates along the same schedule/lifetime as previous Nexus devices. Personally, I would not sell for a N5 if I had either the One or S4 gpe.

Sent from my GT-P7510 using AC Forums mobile app
    planoman likes this.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

So if you had the money saved up and waiting and had a s4 GPe, would you go for the Nexus 5 or Moto X developers edition? I will wait for the full story but will be transitioning to one of these most likely and the nano SIM. I do not really want to mess with the adapters so not sure if my S4's will make the switch.
    OnePlus One (64GB),Xperia Z2, LG G3, Lumia 925 8.1 Cyan, Nexus 5 (32GB), Moto X (32GB), Lumia 1020, Google Edition S4, Galaxy S4 (32GB), S4 Active, Nexus 4, Note 2, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Note (ATT), Galaxy Note Intl., Galaxy S2 Skyrocket, Nexus S, Atrix 2, Atrix, Galaxy S1 Captivate, Nexus 7 (32GB), iPad 4, Dell Venue Pro 8
    and yes...an iPhone 5 too...

I like the gs4ge, I read today that the nexus will not have BT4, so that a no go for me.

I will be keeping my S4 GPE. I don't need a faster processor for what I use my phone for. The screen is slightly larger and with hardware buttons there is more usable screen space.

Plus it works perfectly with groove ip and music sounds great. Both of which are hit or miss even with flagship android phones.

Depending on the pricepoint, I'm actually thinking about buying the N5 and keeping the S4GPe. My S4 was out of commission for a couple weeks recently and not having a backup smartphone was kind of a drag. Plus who *doesn't* want to wake up to that kind of phone choice every morning? :-)

Posted via Android Central App
    1+1/Nexus 5

Guys don't forget. Nexus 5 doesn't have a removable battery and sd card. So for me a definite no go.

I plan to get the nexus5. Was disappointed not to see it announced on 15th (yesterday) too.

Sent from my SM-N9005 using AC Forums mobile app

As mentioned earlier in the thread, the Snapdragon 800 is definitely not reason enough for me to give up my beloved GS4GE. If I didn't already have this phone, I'd definitely go for the Nexus 5. However, I'll skip this iteration. The GS4GE has plenty of life left in it to last me until October 2014.
    Phone:
    Nexus 5
    Samsung Galaxy S4 Google Edition

Tablet:
    Nexus 10

Global Posts
    41 Global Posts

Keeping my GPe for now....based on the Nexus rumors as of now and the leaked manual, don't think it would offer much of an upgrade. More importantly..... bring on the Android 4.4 KitKat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by fulleraj View Post
    Keeping my GPe for now....based on the Nexus rumors as of now and the leaked manual, don't think it would offer much of an upgrade. More importantly..... bring on the Android 4.4 KitKat!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
    I agree with you. Our S4 GE has SD card and Movable Battery. I heard a lot of complaining about N5 camera and I will wait til they release N6. That's more reasonable for me.

Don't forget to bring us 4.4 kitkat update, Google.

Posted via Android Central App