- 2 Posts
Multiple errors on my S4 making it almost unusable
I've had my S4 for 3 months, over recent weeks I have had and increasing number of issues with it which include:
- It shuts down continually and restarts
- sometimes this occurs in a loop 4 or 5 times before it returns to the homescreen
- it has displayed errors to say that google play, touchwiz and loglist(I think) have stopped working
- the screen freezes in the middle of calls, composing texts, taking pictures or even just scrolling from one screen to another.
- Sometimes it won't shut down when this happens and I have to remove the battery.
- sometimes when making a call, even to frequenbtly used numbers it will say 'number not available on network'
- I have synced my calender to my google account, the phone frequently sends me notifications about events that have passed
This list is not exhaustive!
After reading some of the threads on here I have tried the following:
- clearing the cache and data for the apps it's throwing errors up for
- resetting app preferences
- removing the battery for 10 mins
- removing the battery, sim and SD Card for 10 mins
- talking nicely to it, ignoring it, swearing at it.
None of this has worked. Clearly I need help, I'm guessing a factory reset might be in order, but why has this happened and is it likely to happen again?
Feeling pretty desperate.
- 10-10-2013, 02:34 AM #2
Re: Multiple errors on my S4 making it almost unusable
Factory reset is definitely a good idea, back up what data you can to cloud resources or an external drive. My best guess without more information would be that an OTA update is not squishing well with an app or some settings that functioned slightly differently before. Are you on the Google Edition (thread location)? If so, the TouchWiz error is very strange, as while the GPe does run on a TouchWiz firmware at it's base, it's weird to think of it calling processes by that name in something that's thought of as a "stock" device.[SIZE=4][SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[COLOR=#009688]¯\_([FONT=ＭＳ Ｐゴシック]ツ[/FONT])_/¯ [/COLOR][U][URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html"][COLOR=#009688]Community Rules & Guidelines[/COLOR][/URL][/U][/SIZE][COLOR=#009688][SIZE=4][U][URL="http://forums.mobilenations.com/rules-policies/500-community-rules-guidelines.html"][/URL][/U]
Be [B]P[/B]olite, [B]U[/B]nderstanding, [B]P[/B]atient, [B]P[/B]ro, [B]A[/B]ttentive & [B]H[/B]elpful - [/SIZE][/COLOR][SIZE=3][COLOR=#009688]Life is very short, and there's no time - for fussing and fighting, my friend.[/COLOR][/SIZE]
- By Ellychick in forum Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 8Last Post: 02-28-2015, 04:10 PM
Any 50% off Samsung accessories coupons after registering Note 3? Got them with my S3, Note 2 and S4By sux2bu in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 7Last Post: 10-18-2013, 09:27 PM
- By Doug Fitton in forum T-Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 1Last Post: 10-14-2013, 03:03 PM
- By Gamer_Radar in forum Moto X (2013)Replies: 3Last Post: 10-10-2013, 07:49 AM
- By candycakes525 in forum Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 2Last Post: 10-10-2013, 01:55 AM