S4 randomly restarts

Paulus4605

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
Dear all
I have a samsung Galaxy S4 I9505 with stock rom.
I have the feeling that because of the lastest updates on the phone the phone is restarting randomly, it can happen when just typing in an sms or even taking a photo.
when the phone restarts it hangs on the screen Samsung Galaxy I9595 S4 and loops everytime on that part.
however when I put in the power plug to charge the phone it starts up correctly.

another thing that I noticed is that when the phone is crashing like this the battery % drops down to 0 while it was showing before the crash that I had about 80% left.
this doesn't happen all the times but it's one of the weird things I discovered.

I already performed a hard reset to go back to factory settings however that didn't change a bit.

can someone help me out here?

your help is much appreciated

Paul

luckydwg

Jan 29, 2010
Visit site
Sounds like u have a lemon. I have no problem like that and am running stock with the latest updates. I would contact Google.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk 4

Ummy24

Nov 13, 2013
Visit site
Hi,

I'm experiencing exactly the same problem. Totally random restarts and sometimes even though the battery is charged it reboots showing critical battery level. My S4 is running Android 4.3, kernel version 3.4.0-1765174. Again I've only see these symptoms since a resent Android update. i'm resisting doing a full reset at present.

Did you find a resolution ?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo