Sending Camera Photos or Screenshots Via Text - Horrible Compression and Resolution

shanesaccount

Jun 19, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know what's up with sending photos via SMS (MMS) on android 4.3 -- maybe limited to the Galaxy S4 (but I doubt it)...? Any full screen or larger image attached becomes HORRIFICALLY compressed. I mean jaggy artifacts and tiny resolution. It's killing me.

I don't want to switch to another SMS app, because I like the functionality and design of the vanilla messaging app otherwise. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Or if there is a fix on the way?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find a relevant answer that doesn't just flippantly suggest installing a substitute for the vanilla experience.

Thanks in advance!

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
Anyone know what's up with sending photos via SMS (MMS) on android 4.3 -- maybe limited to the Galaxy S4 (but I doubt it)...? Any full screen or larger image attached becomes HORRIFICALLY compressed. I mean jaggy artifacts and tiny resolution. It's killing me.

I don't want to switch to another SMS app, because I like the functionality and design of the vanilla messaging app otherwise. Does anyone know if there is a way to fix this? Or if there is a fix on the way?

I apologize in advance if this has been asked and answered before, but I'm having a lot of trouble trying to find a relevant answer that doesn't just flippantly suggest installing a substitute for the vanilla experience.

Thanks in advance!

Maybe it's limited to AOSP, but I have no issues on my One with 4.3. Compression does happen through MMS, though. Do you have any examples you can post of the problem?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Finsrepair