Low External Memory Warning

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
The past couple of days I have been getting this warning every time I have had an update for an app, right now it says I have 1.01mbs left in it. I have a 30gb Ex SD Card and most of my apps have been moved over to that. The internal Storage space has 2.86gb of space left, but it doesnt show my External memory. How can I get to see that, and what is it? And how can I Lower it

I have a Galaxy S4

Thanks

jakewc2

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, yes I do. What is External Memory and if it gets full what happens? Its only on ES that you can see it.

Thanks for the reply.

Edit.......something funny happened with your message. I got half of it on the forums, but when I went back to the e-mail there was another line about checking the check box. Ok where is the check box, searching the settings but cant find it. Can you give me a directio to it? Thanks

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
ok, that is strange, after going through everything, I found the setting your talking about, and its not ticked......

Yes, I removed it because I wasn't sure about that you've this ES settings (my tablet hasn't it).
After ticking the check box I get the right MB value off ES.

jakewc2

Sep 21, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just ticked it, so will see next time I get an update, when the message will say.

It is definitely saying External Memory......which I dont understand at all. But what I can see in the ES, there is Home, Device, 0 and extSdCard, and its 0 that is the problem. So that must be the External Memory.

Xceptiona1

Oct 19, 2012
Visit site
from my understanding the phone sees a portion of you internal memory as 'external' /storage/extsdcard is the sdcard, however a lot of apps will install too /storage/emulated/legacy or /storage/sdcard0 and I believe those are actually internal storage mount points emulating or stating that they are external. Perhaps on apps that are moveable double check that they are actually being saved to /storage/extsdcard.

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
Hi, just ticked it, so will see next time I get an update, when the message will say.

It is definitely saying External Memory......which I dont understand at all. But what I can see in the ES, there is Home, Device, 0 and extSdCard, and its 0 that is the problem. So that must be the External Memory.
As I heard now people get warnings about internal space low AND about external space low. Both warnings are caused by ES ... the low space warning option on its Settings doesn't set apart internal and external space too.

But it's just a stupid little bug without impact.

maskedcarrot

Jul 27, 2011
Visit site
I just started getting this today when I installed a new app. It said I have 4.3 mb left, which is wrong because I have over 8 gig free of internal memory.

Even though everyone is talking about the setting in ES, no one here actually said what checkbox for what setting they were referring to. So Hint....next time ya give advise, please list what you are referring to. hehe

But anyway, I think I found what you were referring to anyway, and mine was not checked, so I dunno why ES would give a warning when I don't even have that option selected.

Another error that I just got today was when I opened Facebook. It said something about having low available memory and my application might not function properly.

I just started getting these errors today. If it is really ES causing that, I'm gunna delete that POS right off.

jd914

Banned
Feb 3, 2010
Visit site
Happened to me this is how I fixed it

Settings
Storage
Select Cached Data and clear it
Select Misc select all and delete

You would be surprised how much cached junk you have stored.

This should do the trick

Adamsberg

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
ES File Explorer got a update a week ago.
If you've unchecked the warning option in ES's Settings > Display ... then you won't get this "External/Internal StorageSpace left: ....MB" pop up message any more :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dominic Haar