Call rejection with Samsung Galaxy S4 GE, and unavailable menu options in general

seyirci

Sep 26, 2013
Visit site
I've been trying to find a way to block spammer calls on my GS4 Google Edition without installing third-party software. I'm using T-Mobile as the provider. The phone is not rooted.

When I do the web search for this, Google doesn't give me results specific to the GE ;) , so I get a lot of hits on pages that essentially repeat the steps:
  • Go to Settings> My Device> Call> Call Rejection > Auto Reject List
  • Add the phone numbers to the blocklist and click Save

...there is no "My Device" menu on the Google Edition, and the Settings menu or the Call Settings menu that is available from the phone app do not have any call rejection option. Any ideas? Any ideas not involving rooting or replacing the OS? :) I do have an activity getter called QuickShortcutMaker installed, so if there's an activity to access those options, I might be able to get through. I just don't know how to search for the activity name.

In fact, the lack of the My Device menu and the options it allows has been a problem before---for instance, I had to install a third-party app called Notification Toggle to enable the LTE radio once T-Mobile deployed it in my region. This did make me a little irritated---part of the premium cost of the SG4 is due to the number of radios they include, and Google specifically states it is "compatible with T-mobile" when selling the phone. Yet the radio is turned off by default (which, okay, saves battery) and stock Android doesn't have an obvious way to reach the option (the Network Mode menu or the Phone Info activity) to turn it on. So in essence, anyone who bought the phone to use that option and isn't inclined to go dig among the covered parts of the OS is in a sense cheated. My question here is if I'm approaching this from the wrong side, as it were---am I missing something obvious in how I look at the phone/the OS?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sleezzyy21