Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By dwboston
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default com.android.phone crashing after 4.4

Hello all. Phone had been working fine until the last 4.4 update. Now every time on reboot I get the message com.android.phone was phone force closed (or something like that). Phone seems to work fine otherwise, except that sometimes I am unable to switch wifi on and widgets seem to longer to load on first boot. Anyone else noticing something like this? Thanks.

Edit: By the way, after noticing these errors, I wiped the phone through recovery and still got the same error on boot up.

Global Posts
    22,154 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: com.android.phone crashing after 4.4

That is strange...
    I take it you wiped cache?

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Quote Originally Posted by jokarak View Post
    Hello all. Phone had been working fine until the last 4.4 update. Now every time on reboot I get the message com.android.phone was phone force closed (or something like that). Phone seems to work fine otherwise, except that sometimes I am unable to switch wifi on and widgets seem to longer to load on first boot. Anyone else noticing something like this? Thanks.

Edit: By the way, after noticing these errors, I wiped the phone through recovery and still got the same error on boot up.
    From another post in this forum: Galaxy S4 Google Play edition - official Android 4.4 Kit Kat is rolling out now

"You can fix that problem by going to Settings --> Apps and click on the menu on top right corner and reset app preferences."
    srkmagnus likes this.

Global Posts
    8,902 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock 4.4 (KitKat)

Quote Originally Posted by dwboston View Post
    From another post in this forum: Galaxy S4 Google Play edition - official Android 4.4 Kit Kat is rolling out now

"You can fix that problem by going to Settings --> Apps and click on the menu on top right corner and reset app preferences."
    Thanks for the reference. OP, did you try that fix?

I am having the same issue as the OP. Tried the app preference reset with no improvement. I also have a problem with the phone blanking the screen as I place or receive a call (normal behavior), but not allowing me to unblank the screen with a press of the power button to get to the dial-pad or place the phone on speaker (or even hang up). This all worked under 4.3. Now the phone is pretty unusable as a phone. I have done a 'factory reset', along with the app preferences reset. Does anyone have another solution, or is there a way to go back to 4.3?