Like Tree4Likes
  • 2 Post By SamuriHL
  • 1 Post By SamuriHL
  • 1 Post By mixgenio
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default ML4

New ota incoming. Should be today most likely.

Sent from my SM-P600 using Tapatalk 4

Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Thanked by:

Global Posts
    13,780 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: ML4

Cool. Thanks for sharing. Hopefully, it is a fully working update.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Hey now, let's not go into the realm of fantasy here! LMAO Still waiting for a link to the OTA so I can build us some ODIN images for it.

mixgenio and Golfdriver97 like this.

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Woohoo!

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Hey now, let's not go into the realm of fantasy here! LMAO Still waiting for a link to the OTA so I can build us some ODIN images for it.
    If you could build an image that is 100% stock, no root, no platform file updates, we'd really be thanksful !
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Not possible. You don't seem to understand what goes into making the images I CAN make. What you're asking for has to be done by Samsung, not the community. Ask them.

kjnangre likes this.
  7. Thread Author  Thread Author    #7  

ML4 is out now. You can find a link to the OTA (can be sideloaded) in my ODIN thread. The ODIN image is in process of being uploaded so that'll be available soon, as well.

Side note...I was able to keep root through the OTA install (side loaded) by using SuperSU Pro's protect root function.

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post
    Not possible. You don't seem to understand what goes into making the images I CAN make. What you're asking for has to be done by Samsung, not the community. Ask them.
    I don't understand, correct.

I just downloaded the update from Google, applied it via adb sideloading, worked fine.
    This was after using your previous ODIN package to install 4.4.
    thanks!
    Last edited by JoeMcJoe; 12-14-2013 at 03:17 PM.
  9. Thread Author  Thread Author    #9  

You asked for a non-rooted ODIN image. That's NOT possible given HOW the image is made. Everything except root is stock. All the files EXCEPT system are signed and created from the OTA. I challenge anyone to create what you're looking for. If you don't want root, remove it once you flash it and you're back to 100% stock. Root will *NOT* interfere with an OTA. I install the OTA's with root installed every single time. And it never fails. I don't get the obsession people have with not being rooted when an OTA comes out. There's this persistent WRONG myth that root somehow screws up OTA's and that's just not true.

Thanked by:

Global Posts
    58 Global Posts

Sideloaded 4.4.2! I am seeing a few differences but nothing crazy of course. Oddly, the garbled volume rocker noise is still present for me. Fortunately I can mute it with gravity box.

Posted via Android Central App
    SamuriHL likes this.

Just to confirm, the 4.4.2 OTA installed with no issues, even though I was using a modified platform.xml. My guess is that the update had no effect on this file, so it didn't care that I had modified it.

I still have SD card write access.
  12. Thread Author  Thread Author    #12  

This was a very small update and as such didn't make a change to the platform.xml file like they did in the last build. If they change a file, and it's modified, then it'll fail.