If I purchase S4 from Google Play will I lose my AT&T upgrade?

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Sorry for such a noob question. I'm currently using an iphone 5 on AT&T. I'm ready to move over to Android. Torn between waiting for the S5 or just purchasing the S4 now and then sell it when the S5 drops and utilize my AT&T upgrade. I'm not sure if I'll lose my AT&T upgrade if I purchase the S4 now from Google Play. Thanks......any other tips/advice would be greatly appreciated.

mandoman28

Dec 3, 2010
Visit site
You should not lose your upgrade because you are not upgrading through AT&T, you are paying full price somewhere else.

Sent from my LG-E980 using AC Forums mobile app

benhmadison

Mar 30, 2011
Visit site
Additionally, the pro-clip mount for my Samsung Saga 770 also works quite well with the Droid.

The comment above mine is correct. You will only lose your Att upgrade if you sign a new two year contract for taking a subsidy on an Att device either through Att or through an Att retailer like best buy or radio shack.

May I recommend Swappa.com. It is a great place to buy gently used phones at a much better price than through Google. Last time I looked, there were several s4 Google play editions on there for around 400-450 which would save you a minimum of 200 over ordering it from Google.

All you would have to do is put your Sim card in it and you would be good to go.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Yes, if you have an account with AT&T, they will give you a free SIM card for your new phone. Just go into any AT&T store. Usually they'll even install it for you and then send you an SMS to test it out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12