KitKat Bluetooth Car Pairing Reboot Glitch

Jmaxku

Jan 18, 2012
Visit site
My phone has been rebooting after pairing with my car's Bluetooth. The problem has been present in both Android 4.4 and 4.4.2. I never had this problem with Android 4.3. I get an error message stating something like "unfortunately Bluetooth pairing has stopped working", and then my phone vibrates twice and then reboots. I'm good for awhile after the reboot, but it happens quite frequently. Anyone else experiencing this glitch?

chinois97

Jun 26, 2014
Visit site
have the same problem after kit kat install. took a few reinstalls to figure out it was my bluetooth connection that caused the phone to keep rebooting. haven't found a fix. just waiting for another update. stopped using bluetooth. :D

rob damiani

Dec 12, 2013
Visit site
Same issue for my S4 GPE and Acura MDX Tech Edition. Very frustrating to keep having the phone reboot itself. Is this a vehicle BT issue or phone BT issue?

fulleraj

Mar 16, 2012
Visit site
I've fixed numerous minor glitches by clearing the cache and factory reset the device through the recovery menu (ex. Internet page error glitches and Bluetooth errors). Not sure if it'll work in your case but may be worth a try....although all my OTAs were seamless, think there are artifacts left after updates that cause issues over time.

Sent from my GT-I9505G using Tapatalk