1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Seeking recommendations for a simple Desktop/SmartPhone Note App for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4

Hello. First time poster here at Android Central so please bear with me if I am posting this in the wrong forum or unintentionally make some other fax pas. I am seeking recommendations from other members for a simple note/memo application I can use on my Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4. I would like to be able to two way sync/replicate my phone to a desktop version of the same application for both backup capability and ease of use a desktop version often provides.

As I have just the one smartphone and a single desktop I don't specifically need or even want an option to sync between the desktop and phone using an intermediary web solution such as Evernote. E.g. I would be satisfied with an application that required syncing between the phone and desktop using either a local Bluetooth/wireless Lan connection or even requiring a hard link via USB cable. As I have several notes/memos from a previous PalmPre WebOS, it would be a big plus to have an application which would allow imports of .csv and/or tab delimited memo posts from my prior device.

Thanks.

Global Posts
    13,914 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Seeking recommendations for a simple Desktop/SmartPhone Note App for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4

Welcome to the forums.
    I like Google Keep. It is a simple interface, and can be added to Chrome on your desktop.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu 'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: Seeking recommendations for a simple Desktop/SmartPhone Note App for Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4

@Golfdriver97. Thank you for the recommendation. I will check that one out.

If you need power then try Evernote. I had moves all of my notes from Evernote to Keep. Big problems! Literally! Long notes will be clipped off in keep. Apparently Keep has a much shorter note limit then Evernote. I might have to go back to Evernote since my combo of Drive and Keep is a pain!

I use and highly recommend Evernote. I had been using but it was just too basic for my needs. Look at both of those as well as Google Keep as others have recommended.