Galaxy S4: Not Registering to Network

Oliverg109

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site
Hey guys!

This is a bit of a strange situation, I recently acquired a GE S4, I currently use AT&T as my provider, I put in the SIM inside the device but it does not register to the network, all it shows is Emergency calls only, the signal bar doesn't show anything, I check the APN settings and their are 3 profiles ATT Phone, ATT WAP and Tracphone, I do notice when I go into the APN settings none of them options are selected when I select ATT Phone turn the device off/on it reads the network and it says ATT but I cannot make any calls or do anything with it, it shows the signal bars but again its just there for show, I try the same process but this time I select ATT WAP but this time it does not read the SIM at all. Im pretty sure my SIM is working since I have a cheap phone and it gets full service and even 3G on it. Im wondering if I am having an issue with the device it self or maybe something else could be going on. I would really appreciate any input.

Last edited by a moderator:

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site
Re: Not Registering to Network

Hey guys!

This is a bit of a strange situation, I recently acquired a GE S4, I currently use AT&T as my provider, I put in the SIM inside the device but it does not register to the network, all it shows is Emergency calls only, the signal bar doesn't show anything, I check the APN settings and their are 3 profiles ATT Phone, ATT WAP and Tracphone, I do notice when I go into the APN settings none of them options are selected when I select ATT Phone turn the device off/on it reads the network and it says ATT but I cannot make any calls or do anything with it, it shows the signal bars but again its just there for show, I try the same process but this time I select ATT WAP but this time it does not read the SIM at all. Im pretty sure my SIM is working since I have a cheap phone and it gets full service and even 3G on it. Im wondering if I am having an issue with the device it self or maybe something else could be going on. I would really appreciate any input.
Which phone are you coming from? AT&T is know for requiring a new sim card for each network upgrade, in other words, a sim card that is too old will not register on their LTE or HSPA network. Also, does your cheap phone use microsim? Or you cut the card yourself into a microsim?

Also, you could try deleting the at&t wap and tracphone apns, selecting att phone and restart your phone.

Oliverg109

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

I previously had an iPhone 5S and it had LTE with out any issue, I went to the store and got a Micro SIM popped in the SIM and nothing no service, I actually called ATT and they told me the network is registering everything fine and that it actually registers it at the GT-i9505G. One thing I did notice is that in the Settings>More>Mobile networks>preferred network type, if its on LTE I get no service, Also on 3G but when I put 2G I get EDGE, when I switch back to any of the other options the devices kills the service. Not sure if its a hardware issue or an issue with the software or maybe with the network.

gxgs

Feb 16, 2012
Visit site

I previously had an iPhone 5S and it had LTE with out any issue, I went to the store and got a Micro SIM popped in the SIM and nothing no service, I actually called ATT and they told me the network is registering everything fine and that it actually registers it at the GT-i9505G. One thing I did notice is that in the Settings>More>Mobile networks>preferred network type, if its on LTE I get no service, Also on 3G but when I put 2G I get EDGE, when I switch back to any of the other options the devices kills the service. Not sure if its a hardware issue or an issue with the software or maybe with the network.
Did you ask to have the plan changed to an android/generic data plan? AT&T is also known for being annoying with its data plans in the sense that an iphone data plan may not allow an android phone to register. Dumb, I know, but has happened before, but only on the data aspect. You should at least get a cell signal to make calls unless the LTE and 3G options are tied to the GSM connectivity in the sense than its either all or none. Unlike the 2G option which maybe allows for EDGE or GSM. That's just a random shot in the air.

Did you get the phone from the play store?

Oliverg109

Feb 15, 2014
Visit site

Yes my plan has been changed to the android plan. The strange thing is that I get nothing at all on the LTE or 3G settings on the device only the 2G, I was thinking of maybe re-installing the rom to see if that makes it work but I am I having a hard time finding out how to do so. I purchased the phone from Gazelle, I have had nothing but good experiences with them with all the previous phones I have purchased from them, I am just not sure if this is a fault of the phone or something else

callum_mongan101

Mar 6, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys!

Latest posts

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pauloxcavalcante