1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Tired of managing RAM on Galaxy S4 :(

Hi there, its been quite irritating to manage RAM on my Samsung Galaxy S4 GT i9500. This is run by 4.3 jellybean version. I ain't a game freak. But the RAM memory goes up to 90% slowing down the working speed. Never watch online or YouTube videos. Just browse internet and Facebook. But the pre installed apps start running in the background even if I force close it. I can disable the app in the setting. But it says 'doing this will make other app malfunction'. So l am afraid to disable. I am using 'clean master' to boost memory. But not satisfied. Please help me guys !!!

Global Posts
    13,790 Global Posts
    ROM
    Stock Moto X

Default Re: Tired of managing RAM on Galaxy S4 :(

That is just a general warning. As long as you stop apps that clearly won't affect the system (you don't really need Yahoo! Finance to run Android) it won't be a large concern. Just use common sense, and these apps can be reenabled after disabling.

Just a guess: I don't think it's the full RAM that is slowing your system down, it is an app that insists on starting all the time. Android functions differently than Windows. It likes having RAM full to launch apps faster.

Devices: Current: Nexus 5, Moto X, Galaxy Tab 2 (7.0); Retired: Galaxy S2 (Epic 4G Touch); Traded: Galaxy S3
    When I let go of what I am, I become what I might be - Lao Tzu
    Community Guidelines and also here
    Thanked by: