Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default How to get Galaxy S4 to open at the Home Screen from the Lock Screen

Hi - whenever I open the device from the Lock Screen (currently "swipe" no PIN or Password), I want to have it go to the Home Screen.

What currently happens is that it opens to the last opened app (may be Contacts, Web, etc.) and I have to then either hit the Home button or back out of the app.

Am I not properly closing the device? Since I have a screen time-out set, I really may not know when the device goes to the Lock Screen, but I know I want to open it always to the Home page and not a running app but I can't find a way to set this up.

This is sort of like booting up the PC and going to the Desktop screen..............

Thanks - oh, this is a Verizon phone but I don't think that makes any difference with this issue.

Default Re: How to get Galaxy S4 to open at the Home Screen from the Lock Screen

If you leave/lock it with an app open, it will open to that... If you leave/lock it on a different launcher "page" it will open to that. If you want to open to home then you need to back out of apps before you lock it. This is typical behaviour regardless of phone/operating system, but don't compare it to booting up a PC, it's like letting your PC go to sleep with Chrome or Outlook running and awaking it expecting it to be the blank desktop
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: How to get Galaxy S4 to open at the Home Screen from the Lock Screen

Thanks - I had been reading a lot about apps that keep running with no way to properly close them, taking up memory. Just thought there may be a way, since I may not be aware of when the lock screen timer would kick in each time. I guess I had not equated the device going into lock as similar to going to sleep. Thanks.

I wouldn't worry about taking up memory, if anything Android works best when memory is full. We're long past the age of task killers now