Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Galaxy S4 GE: My Exchange Email won't sync

My phone would sync my Exchange email just fine until today. I suspect perhaps an update came in and caused problems.

From my inbox I click on:

Settings->Account Settings->My specific email account->Sync settings

At the Top I see "Sync Email" If the box is checked it reads "Master sync has been turned off", if I uncheck the box it says "Sync turned off". How do I get sync to work again? I have no other choices?

Default Re: Galaxy S4 GE: My Exchange Email won't sync

HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THIS FIXED IT: If you are having troubles syncing your mailing account on the Samsung Galaxy S4 after Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, here is a small fix: go to Settings > Data usage > Menu and ensure to check Auto-sync data.

Ah thank you so much! I've been trying to find a way of doing this for days! You're a lifesaver

Why don't I see "menu" under data usage? I'm having the same problem.

Yeah! Someone know's how to fix it. Thanks!

You can try this:

From your mobile phone: Settings -> Accounts -> Microsoft Exchange ActiveSync -> Chose your accounts -> Tick : Sync Email

and finally i can sync my Exchange email!!

Quote Originally Posted by drsnet41 View Post
    My phone would sync my Exchange email just fine until today. I suspect perhaps an update came in and caused problems.

From my inbox I click on:

Settings->Account Settings->My specific email account->Sync settings

At the Top I see "Sync Email" If the box is checked it reads "Master sync has been turned off", if I uncheck the box it says "Sync turned off". How do I get sync to work again? I have no other choices?
    Thanked by:

Hi ,
    You can also set up your personal e-mail account on your Samsung GALAXY S4 phone? This video will show you simple steps to set up a personal e-mail account.

I couldn't find any of those options but went to the play store and opened the Gmail / email app that is already installed and once opened it asks you if you want to sync and say yes!

It worked! Thanks. I would have never figured out on my own

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lednovich View Post
    HAD THE SAME PROBLEM THIS FIXED IT: If you are having troubles syncing your mailing account on the Samsung Galaxy S4 after Android 4.4.2 KitKat update, here is a small fix: go to Settings > Data usage > Menu and ensure to check Auto-sync data.

OMG thank you !! I was going crazy trying to figure this email problem

Thanks !

Thank you !!

I just got chewed out by our contractor IT guy, he fixed it then said did yoy read the manual , like I was an *****. I had checked with a few other users they had no idea either.. apparently if you let the phone battery run all the way down to zero and/or you accidently turn on the "power saving mode" the email sync funtion automatically turns off. You must go to setting and turn off the power saving mode and turn sync back on manually..... guess I should have read the manual...is it really in there??? try it

Quote Originally Posted by Mike Lednovich View Post
    OMG!! I had been struggling with this with my s3, then upgraded to the s5 and had the same problem, THIS FIXED IT!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH!!!

I solved it in another way, very simple though, with some luck
    I opened Messages (SMS) from the start screen and then put my finger on the top of the screen and pulled it down to the bottom. A list of alerts showed up and one contained a message about that Exchange requires some security settings set on the phone. After accepting it started synching and everything was working right away.