Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Disable S voice galaxy s4

Somehow I have launched s voice on my s4 and now even when I turn it off or try to disable it just keeps coming up. Mostly @ un opportune times. How can I turn s voice off completely it's so annoying. I'll be in the middle of something & if it connects to wifi or a text comes in etc.... The stupid thing launches and says "ask Galaxy" I hope someone can help

Posted via Android Central App

Global Posts
    18,856 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Default Re: Disable S voice galaxy s4

Quote Originally Posted by Emeraldgirlforever View Post
    Somehow I have launched s voice on my s4 and now even when I turn it off or try to disable it just keeps coming up. Mostly @ un opportune times. How can I turn s voice off completely it's so annoying. I'll be in the middle of something & if it connects to wifi or a text comes in etc.... The stupid thing launches and says "ask Galaxy" I hope someone can help

Posted via Android Central App
    Welcome to the forums!
    You should be able to disable it through Settings>application manager>swipe over to all apps>scroll down to SVoice> And click disable. You may need to uninstall updates first.
    Here is something to look over. A little more detailed: [Guide] Disabling apps on Galaxy S3 and Tab 2...No root required

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

S Voice on a GPE S4? Am I missing something?

You might also try turning off Hands-free Mode, Settings > Controls > Hands-Free Mode (Off).

In addition to making sure S Voice is turned off, this one should be turned off also.

This worked for my Samsung Note with 4.4.2

D

Angry Re: Disable S voice galaxy s4

Did any of that advice help you? I'm having the same issue except S Voice is being annoyingly persistent. It might have to do with my installation of KitKat. I have disabled driving mode, yet it still automatically starts when I'm in the car, while in my purse, in which case it wakes up my phone and things get opened etc INCREDIBLY FRUSTRATING. Even with root, I can not completely uninstall it. I can not "disable" it either... I can "turn off" which uninstalls the updates, and then Samsung automatically, without my permission, re-installs them. I can't shut this damn thing off!!!!