Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Battery Drain After Firmware Update on Galaxy S4

Hi All,

I recently follwed the link from a notification of a firmware update and completed the update. The first thing I noticed was that it had reset all of my home screens but that was easily rectified. The major issue is that since performing the update the battery life has dropped dramatically, running down in under a day. I have always been able to use the phone for a few days between charges as I am a low volume user. I have looked at my battery usage and from nowhere the system idle is now the major user of battery. Has anyone encountered similar issues and is there a fix, I would quite happily go back to my old settings as I really only did the update because it was there, I had no issues that I needed fixing.

Thanks.

Default Re: Battery Drain After Firmware Update on Galaxy S4

Getting the same thing, do not remember the firmware update but could have been one. I do know that on average I used get 26 hours off one charge an average of about 20 min per 1% change in my battery (has been average for past several months) but now I am lucky to get 12 hours with a drop rate of about 1% every 7 minutes or so. I have done a complete reset of the phone and stripped all applications with the exception of my battery monitor. I have not even reset up my emails or any other services I have had running in the past. so this is bare bones and the Android System is killing me it is 24% of the usage?

Same thing here. I'm a low volume user and can hardly make it to the end of a day before my battery needs charging.

I haven't had any other problems since the update and was surprised to read the thread where everyone seems to be unable to unlock the screen, etc.

Me too since update battery goes from 4 days to six hours. Biggest user is screen 83%!! Despite every saver setting on and no active wallpapers only a foto. New fone so all Ive done is read help and all menus sent 2 trial texts n 2 fone calls. Any ideas?