Car and USB Audio Out

Sasazuka

Jul 16, 2013
Visit site
AUX of course works just fine but I have no playback control from the car and metadata is not available.

I've tried the Bluetooth briefly and it appears to work but I don't have album art or control of playback via the car as far as I can tell. I think I can tell Poweramp to stream out additional metadata (e.g. album art) but I think playback control via the car is out of the question.

I've tried plugging it in via USB but the car just tells me it's an unsupported device. From what I read, USB audio out is enabled in 4.3 which I do have. I've read some information here but no real confirmation on what works.

What I would like is playback control via the car and extra metadata (e.g. album art) to be shown in the car and I think that's only possible with USB but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. What do I need to do to achieve this or is it just not feasible?

Thanks!

Ghassan37

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
Guys any solutions to this? I got a z3 and I want to connect it through USB to my car. Don't care what hardware to buy. Just somebody tell me what to do lol I've been reading through audio stuff for 4-5 hrs and I really don't get most of it.