Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Car and USB Audio Out

AUX of course works just fine but I have no playback control from the car and metadata is not available.

I've tried the Bluetooth briefly and it appears to work but I don't have album art or control of playback via the car as far as I can tell. I think I can tell Poweramp to stream out additional metadata (e.g. album art) but I think playback control via the car is out of the question.

I've tried plugging it in via USB but the car just tells me it's an unsupported device. From what I read, USB audio out is enabled in 4.3 which I do have. I've read some information here but no real confirmation on what works.

What I would like is playback control via the car and extra metadata (e.g. album art) to be shown in the car and I think that's only possible with USB but feel free to correct me if I'm wrong. What do I need to do to achieve this or is it just not feasible?

Thanks!

Default Re: Car and USB Audio Out

I'm in the same boat as you... looking for solutions! twas a major buzzkill when i plugged my new s5 into my usb deck in my car..