Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default sd card problem

hello everyone i have a question my galaxy s4 was broken i had an 64gb sd card in it and when my phone went for fixing i tried to put the sd card in my old wildfire s ( i know stupid of me to think it will actually work)
    well know i have my phone back and i tried to put back in the sd card and it says that its corupted! i have over 2000+ songs and festival clips on there and i realy dont wanna lose it PLZ HELP MEEE!!! (sorry for my english )

Default Re: sd card problem

Have you tried reading the card in a computer? Does it work there or does it show as 'corrupted' as well?
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

it said corrupted as wel i tried a dozen of those recovery tools none of them actually worked

Yesterday morning I removed my 32GB micro-SD card just to see what brand it was. It was the same card from my Huewai. I reinstalled it and restarted the phone. A message came up that said the sd card was damaged. I took the card back out and put it into my computer and it, too, said the file structure was corrupted. I took the phone to Best Buy, where I bought it, and a well knowledged Samsung rep confirmed that it was. What he was sure to point out was that is three days he's had 4 bad sd cards come in to him and EVERY ONE of them was a Polaroid. He also mensioned not to get a PNY brand either. He did suggest San Disc and one other brand. I've had good luck with San Disc in the past but Micro Center didn't have one.

I told him thank you and raced to the nearest Micro-Center and bought their house-brand 64GB ($38.99?) and took it all back to Best Buy, just to make sure I don't do anything wrong. I had my Motorolla XT720 and Huewai mastered as far as getting around inside it but this phone is a little different.

Yes, I lost my music and pictures. But the music can be re-ripped and the pics are also stored in 3 other places.