Samsung galaxy S4 Touch Wiz driving me insane

s4fedup

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I bought a Samsung galaxy S4 earlier this year and have been happy with it until recently, when Touch Wiz has been driving me insane.
I boot up the phone in the morning and it asks me do I want TouchWiz Home or Easy Home EVERY time.
You cannot go off for ten minutes and expect all emails and messages to be there when you come back because it is waiting for Touch Wiz to be instructed !! If you want the phone to go back to home screen from any app, it asks again. It will just NOT save the default that I want which is HOME.
I have tried every solution found on Google like removing Google updates, factory resets and more, but NOTHING has got rid of this irritating app -and I have even called Samsung ( who only suggested a factory reset) which I have already done - which did not work either.
Does anyone PLEASE have a solution to stopping Touch Wiz asking for instructions every time I touch the home button? I feel like getting rid of this phone and going back to my Galaxy Note which never had this problem.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
Welcome!

Since it seems like you're no longer a fan of TW Home, have you tried downloading another launcher (Apex, Nova, Google. etc) and seeing if it stops asking if you choose one of them?

s4fedup

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
It's not that I don't like it- but I just want it to stop asking me which version of Touch wiz i want to use- from the minute I switch the phone on. Does anyone at all have a remendy?

jamesaddiction

Jul 18, 2014
Visit site
I tried all the advise on the web to fix this issue and I found the cure for mine.Heres how. I went to settings/more/default applications. When I did that there is a button says home default and touchwiz when I clicked it I noticed there was an app I downloaded (around same time it started) in the options with touchwiz. and also touchwiz was not selected as default. So I uninstalled errant app and clicked touchwiz as default and that solved it. Hope this works for you.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084