Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Like Tree1Likes
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

Default 4.4.3

Droid Life is reporting that some users of the S4 PE are already seeing 4.4.3. Anybody see it yet?

P.S. I am not interested in hearing "it's just a 0.1 bump so I don't care". This is one of the reasons I bought a PE phone. I want to see minor updates on my flagship phone shortly after the Nexus gets it.

Default Re: 4.4.3

So far the reports I've seen are that some people running GPE roms are getting OTA notifications. We really need to get someone to capture the OTA so I can create the new ODIN packages for it. The build is NE3.
    Samsung S4 Google Play Edition
    Moto X Developer Edition
    mixgenio likes this.

http://android.clients.google.com/pa...Update_FWD.zip

Have at it. Official from Google.
    Moto X Developer Edition
    Thanked by:

Thanks, but how do I install it please? Will this erase my phone?

Quote Originally Posted by SamuriHL View Post

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    Thanks, but how do I install it please? Will this erase my phone?
    Of course not. It's just the OTA. You have to sideload it with ADB. These instructions work just as well for us as they do for the Nexus devices for sideloading.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/12...stom-recovery/

- - - Updated - - -

For those that want a no-wipe, fully rooted ODIN image.....

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...php?p=53138866
    Moto X Developer Edition
    Thanked by:
  6. Thread Author  Thread Author    #6  

Global Posts
    61 Global Posts

It worked perfectly! Thanks for everything you do related to the S4 PE. I really appreciate it.
    Thanked by:

OK good info, thanks. My phone is rooted, does that matter?

Of course not. It's just the OTA. You have to sideload it with ADB. These instructions work just as well for us as they do for the Nexus devices for sideloading.

http://www.droid-life.com/2013/02/12...stom-recovery/

- - - Updated - - -

For those that want a no-wipe, fully rooted ODIN image.....

[ODIN][TAR] 4.4.3 I9505GUEUCNE3 Full Rooted Restore - xda-developers

Quote Originally Posted by rob damiani View Post
    OK good info, thanks. My phone is rooted, does that matter?
    POSSIBLY. Root itself doesn't make any difference...hell I kept root through the update LOL...but what does matter is if you've used root to make changes to the system partition. If you get an error 7 it means that the assertions failed and something was changed. In that case, I'd just use ODIN to flash my ODIN TAR Full Rooted Restore and be done with it. But give the sideloading a try and see if it works first.
    Moto X Developer Edition

Thanks for all the very useful info, I greatly appreciate your input and time. Fortunately, the OTA update just came through. Performing an update right now. Hopefully, it goes smoothly.
    POSSIBLY. Root itself doesn't make any difference...hell I kept root through the update LOL...but what does matter is if you've used root to make changes to the system partition. If you get an error 7 it means that the assertions failed and something was changed. In that case, I'd just use ODIN to flash my ODIN TAR Full Rooted Restore and be done with it. But give the sideloading a try and see if it works first.

grrrrrrrrrrr; update aborted

Well, then you changed something with root. You can either spend a bunch of time fixing it, or follow my ODIN post and flash the update through ODIN. Up to you but I know which route I'd take...
    Moto X Developer Edition

Will ODIN erase my phone?
    Well, then you changed something with root. You can either spend a bunch of time fixing it, or follow my ODIN post and flash the update through ODIN. Up to you but I know which route I'd take...

Which of the 3 selections do I need to d/l?

4.4.3-capture.jpg

I'm getting a headache from this garbage.

- - - Updated - - -

Can I just un-root my phone?

Unrooting is not going to fix whatever you changed, no. You need odin 3.9, you need the FULL ROOTED image link, and you need to flash it. The directions are pretty clear. And no, it won't wipe your phone.
    Moto X Developer Edition

This one: ?

ODIN FULL RECOVER IMAGE (root is built in):

Unrooting is not going to fix whatever you changed, no. You need odin 3.9, you need the FULL ROOTED image link, and you need to flash it. The directions are pretty clear. And no, it won't wipe your phone.

I9505GUEUCNE3_FULL_ROOTED.tar.md5.gz

That'd be the link after the directions that should be read before doing it.
    Moto X Developer Edition
    Thanked by:

Thanks. Sorry for the noob Q's; it's my first time doing this. Thanks again.

I click START and I'll I see is "<OSM> All threads completed. (succeed 0 / failed 0)"

4.4.3-capture.jpg

I can see clearly that you didn't follow directions. The part about make sure your phone shows up under ID:COM isn't just for giggles. I do like to help people but I start to get frustrated very quickly when people just skip over things and ignore them. Read the directions, and follow them.
    Moto X Developer Edition

Is my phone supposed to be on or off throughout this process? I don't seem to see that mentioned anywhere.

"Make sure you have a COM PORT in Odin ( any )" How is this accomplished please?

I can see clearly that you didn't follow directions. The part about make sure your phone shows up under ID:COM isn't just for giggles. I do like to help people but I start to get frustrated very quickly when people just skip over things and ignore them. Read the directions, and follow them.

Um, you put it in download mode and connect it to a usb port...I didn't think that was a difficult thing but apparently I was wrong.
    Moto X Developer Edition

Not in your "instructions" so..........................
    Um, you put it in download mode and connect it to a usb port...I didn't think that was a difficult thing but apparently I was wrong.

4. Put your phone in download mode: http://www.android.gs/how-to-enter-s...download-mode/

Should I put it in bold?
    Moto X Developer Edition
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast