Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Golfdriver97
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default lock screen

I really liked dash clock and all the extions, but I can't have any real lock on my phone. Does any one know of anything similar to dash click that will work with a lock.

Default Re: lock screen

I'm afraid I don't understand your question. What do you mean when you say you can't have any real lock on your phone? Are you saying you don't want a PIN or pattern unlock? If so, why not just set it to Slide Unlock? You'll still have a lockscreen, but only have to slide your finger on the screen to unlock.

I'm also not sure what you mean when you ask for something similar to DashClock that will work with a lock, because you just said you can't have any real lock on your phone.

If you mean that DashClock doesn't seem to show up completely while using a PIN or pattern unlock, it's because the initial lockscreen needs room to show you the unlock area. If you put your finger on the DashClock widget and then swipe down, the unlock area will swipe away and you'll see the entire DashClock widget.
  4. Thread Author  Thread Author    #4  

I was using the swipe to unlock my phone but in my pocket I was sending text and making calls so I changed to pattern to unlock my phone. Now the dash clock is complete gone. Just wondering if there is any lock screen apps/widgets that will work with a pattern or password unlock setting

Global Posts
    22,185 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker1239 View Post
    I was using the swipe to unlock my phone but in my pocket I was sending text and making calls so I changed to pattern to unlock my phone. Now the dash clock is complete gone. Just wondering if there is any lock screen apps/widgets that will work with a pattern or password unlock setting
    I am curious if stock Touchwiz doesn't allow for a lock and a lockscreen widget. That may be the issue. As for other lock screen widgets, dasclock is the only one I am aware of.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here

Doesn't the GPE S4 have the stock Android launcher instead of TouchWiz?

Posted via Android Central App.
    Please excuse any typos or autocorrect derps.

Quote Originally Posted by jwalker1239 View Post
    DashClock should still be there - - it may just be minimized. Are you saying you don't even see the clock part in the main lockscreen?

Global Posts
    22,185 Global Posts
    ROM
    Liquidsmooth ROM

Quote Originally Posted by B. Diddy View Post
    Doesn't the GPE S4 have the stock Android launcher instead of TouchWiz?

You are right. I missed GPE when I checked the forum heading on mobile. My apologies to the OP.

From a Carbon M8 and AC Forums app

Phone Timeline
    'If we could change ourselves, the tendencies in the world would also change.' - Mahatma Gandhi
    Community Guidelines and also here
    B. Diddy likes this.