- 23 Posts
S4 GPE 4.4.4 Dialer Issue
I got the 4.4.4 update quite a while ago, but only recently I've come across a particularly nasty bug. The dialer is useless if I try to make a call, I dial the number then the screen goes black, the call happens but now I've no way to end the call unless I pre-emptively set up the accessibility option of using power to end the call. Touch tone options are dead, as is the option to go over speaker. I at first assumed it was the proximity sensor acting up, but I've blasted the earpiece with compressed air and even held the phone as far away from any kind of proximity object but yet, black. Numerous factory resets, still black, even tried to reapply the ATA update over adb, still black.
Google and Samsung support have disowned this device, each blaming each other for whatever problem I'm having. Has anyone else had this? Is there a fix? Is there a full 4.4.4 factory image I can try to flash? So many questions, so much frustration, having a gimped phone (even if I hardly use it as an actual phone) is not ideal
- 07-13-2014, 02:46 PM #2
- 1 Posts
Re: S4 GPE 4.4.4 Dialer Issue
I am having the same exact issue with my s4 gpe. I did all the things you mentioned and the problem still exist. I even called google services and they wanted me to do all the things you mentioned and even tried to use the phone without a case on it to no avail. I should have never upgraded from 4.3. It is very ffrustrating considering how expensive this phone was. $650.00 and its only being about a year. I hope google does something about it very soon otherwise they will lose a lot of credibility .
- 07-19-2014, 11:58 AM #3
- 07-19-2014, 12:47 PM #4
- By irenewg in forum Sprint Samsung Galaxy S4Replies: 7Last Post: 07-25-2014, 04:08 PM
- By ansa82 in forum Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3Replies: 18Last Post: 07-16-2014, 02:42 PM
- By AC Question in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2014, 08:06 PM
- By coffeegirl18 in forum Samsung Galaxy AceReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2014, 07:24 PM
- By Meghan Wilkinson in forum Ask a QuestionReplies: 0Last Post: 07-11-2014, 02:45 PM