Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default water damage on galaxy

Hello world My name is Liam and Im 15. While fishing a few days ago I thought it would be a fantastic idea to bring my Galaxy S4 I have had for a little over a year with me. I set it on the dock and next thing I knew it had fallen in I did jump in and get the phone after about 5 minutes of freaking out. Lucky I have the phone and It has little water damage. After I left the phone in a bag of rice for about 12 hours i decided to test it out. I plugged it in and it light up! It had given me the charging symbol and everything! I was so glad I wouldn't have to get it replaced BUT one problem. Even though it charges and has the red charging light glowing I can not power the phone. I press and hold the power button and nothing! I would like to know what to do and i have a few options. 1 start ALL over and buy a new galaxy ( the option im leading towards this option)2. see if there is a way to start the phone (my main reason for posting this) or option 3 see if the AT&T store will fix the same phone WITHOUT taking all my money. Tell me what you think THANK YOU!!

Default Re: water damage on galaxy

If you have insurance then it should be covered. Otherwise, usually water damage isn't repairable. Best bet is to contact att to see what they can offer. The s4 gpe from Expansys-usa is $400. There are other similar gpe's too for similar price.

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Default Re: water damage on galaxy

Thank you! I do not have a warranty on the phone so looks like AT&T will rob me of my money to get a new galaxy