Cannot transfer pictures via USB cable to PC

Antonina Machowska

Aug 12, 2014
Visit site
Very odd - I transferred pictures only a week ago and it worked. Now when I connect the phone (Galaxy 4) via the USB cable, the PC does see it. Gives me an option to chose camera or media. I did chose camera as before. I get a picture wizard which state that there is no pictures in my camera. I have no idea what happened. In the phone the pictures are in the Gallery.
Please help!
Thank you
Nina

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you tried connecting it as a Media Device? This is usually a better way to transfer any kind of file to and from PC. If that doesn't help, try uninstalling the driver for your phone (in Device Manager) and let it reinstall when you plug it in again. Sometimes just changing USB ports forces the driver to re-install as well.

dougdraws

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
To download music from my PC to my phone I use a Bluetooth USB dongle. I can also use the Bluetooth to transfer photos and files back and forth from my PC to my phone and vice versa. Maybe this would help for you, too. You just plug the dongle into your front USB slot on your PC and then access it through the menu popup down by the clock in your taskbar. You can transfer and receive files and even select multiple files at a time.