Noticeable lag after unlock?

McFlurzzXD

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
When I unlock my Samsung Galaxy S4, it gets some lag that goes away maybe around 3-5 seconds on average after unlock. When I type with this lag it duplicates the phrase I typed within the lag 2-3 times and it gets really annoying.

I have a pattern unlock if that helps. I've been in the developer options to force the GPU processes like suggested with some of the forums but it still happens.

Again, thus ONLY happens right after I unlock my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Do you have any "RAM cleaner" apps, or do you have the "Don't Keep Apps" Developer Option turned on? If you're forcing the phone to constantly close out apps from RAM, it may be that when you unlock the phone, there's lag as the system starts automatically opening apps in RAM (which is what it's designed to do).

McFlurzzXD

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
It was lagging before I turned them on. I do have Clean Master and clean my RAM quite often. I do not have "Don't Keep Apps" on. Before I set it to limit background apps it was lagging even after the unlock.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Try uninstalling Clean Master, and see if the lag persists. Many of us here advise against apps like Clean Master, for the reasons I mentioned above. (Also because Cheetah Mobile apps have also been associated with adware and other underhanded things.)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
andrewsmith