Unable to download on Google Play Store | Error 963 and 907

McFlurzzXD

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I am unable to download most apps on Google Play Store. I keep getting errors 963 and 907. I have tried all but factory resetting my phone. Clear data and cache, uninstall and reinstall GP Store, restart phone, check if apps are on my SD Card, etc. Anyone have any better ideas to help me out?

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Are you sure you have enough space in your INTERNAL MEMORY to download/install apps? As a rule of thumb you need 2.5 times the app size in free memory or it won't let you install.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Try logging out and re-logging into your Google Account. Do you have a stable connection while downloading? Does the same happen on WiFi and/or Mobile data?

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
You are almost certainly out of space to install apps on your device.

Install this simple little app called Storage Truth. It's very small and will install in very limited space. It will tell you how much space you actually have left for installing apps:

https://forums.androidcentral.com/e...pps/details?id=sa.storagetruth&token=n8ALrmgZ

To make space you can:

Delete texts or emails. If you have a lot saved on the phone, this can help.
Delete or move photos, videos, documents, etc.
Uninstall app updates.
Uninstall apps.
Clear cache files. However, this will only make space temporarily as cache files will rebuild over time. Also, while clearing cache files won't hurt anything, they're there to speed up operation and should be left alone. An empty cache is worthless.

If you can't move stuff to a SD card, move them to your computer or cloud storage.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

McFlurzzXD

Oct 8, 2015
Visit site
I have ~1.8 GB of storage left now so I don't understand how it can be a storage issue. It's also not giving me the "Insufficient Storage Space" error. Just saying I can't download any apps.

☆ Edit: I am able to download some apps, like Storage Truth and some other randomly selected apps that somehow are able to be downloaded. However, most apps do not download and it gives me Error 963 and then after a couple seconds, Error 907 ☆

Last edited:

Crashdamage

Jan 18, 2015
Visit site
But where is the 1.8 GB of storage? At least some of it must be in /data or you will not be able to install anything.

Android since v1.0. Linux user since 2001.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
OK, Try going into your App Manager, find the Play Store, and Uninstall Updates from it. Try downloading again. And yes, the Play Store will auto-update itself eventually.

mcp6530

Sep 13, 2010
Visit site
same problem here lately.

Had to move the apps on my SD card back to my device - ugh. Then update them on the device. Then move them back to the SD card after the update.

Sucks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
yadde