Welcome to the Android Central Forums Create Your Account or Ask a Question Answers in 5 minutes - no registration required!
Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By snuffdigital
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

Default Notification LED?

Anybody know if it will have one? The S3 mini did NOT.

Default Re: Notification LED?

most do not

check on noLed in the play store. it works i use it
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

Confirmed that it does NOT have a notification LED. Samsung Galaxy S4 mini Review. Too bad. Does it really take up so much space that they can't fit it into the smaller device? I'm a bit disappointed.

The verizon version of the s4 mini does have led notification light. It also has 16gb internal memory not 8 gb. It is an excellent, fast phone.

Quote Originally Posted by jmike67 View Post
    The verizon version of the s4 mini does have led notification light. It also has 16gb internal memory not 8 gb. It is an excellent, fast phone.
    Mine from Rogers [Canada] came with 16 Gb. Where is the LED? Can you post a pic or a link? Thank you,

Notification LED?-image.jpgIt's to the left of the ear speaker, where it is normally on the s4.
    Thanked by:

Go to settings, display, led indicator and make sure notifications box is checked.

... It's to the left of the ear speaker, where it is normally on the s4.
    Go to settings, display, led indicator and make sure notifications box is checked.
    Thank you for the pic, and the Settings info. This confirms that it is not on my S4 mini.

The S4 has a notification LED but the S4 Mini does not have one.

Quote Originally Posted by CrazyTwitterFreak View Post
    The S4 has a notification LED but the S4 Mini does not have one.
    See posts #4 and #6 above for a version of the S4 mini that does have the notification LED, including a pic of it.

I have a Verizon S4 mini, and it has a notification LED. Under the settings, it is in Display -> LED Indicator. It has options for a red LED lighting for battery related things, and a blue one lighting for missed calls / messages / etc. (it also lights up green when the phone is fully charged). All these notifications are for when the screen is off; I guess they assume you will be reading the actual notifications if the screen is on.
    Note 10.1 and S4 Mini (Verizon) owner.

Global Posts
    8,983 Global Posts
    ROM
    Slim Kat 4.4.4

Quote Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
    I have a Verizon S4 mini, and it has a notification LED. Under the settings, it is in Display -> LED Indicator. It has options for a red LED lighting for battery related things, and a blue one lighting for missed calls / messages / etc. (it also lights up green when the phone is fully charged). All these notifications are for when the screen is off; I guess they assume you will be reading the actual notifications if the screen is on.
    It's already been stated that it's only on the VZW version, not on the others. OP doesn't have a VZW one...

Posted via Android Central App
    "We live in a society exquisitely dependent on science and technology, in which hardly anyone knows anything about science and technology." - Carl Sagan

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post
    It's already been stated that it's only on the VZW version, not on the others. OP doesn't have a VZW one...

Incorrect. I have the Sprint version and it's also on mine. U. S. only perhaps?

Posted via AC App from my S4 mini WITH an LED CrackLight ;-)
    From the world's most fabulous Crack-Droid!

Quote Originally Posted by UJ95x View Post

I too have LED notifications and setting options on my mini, and I'm with AT&T.
    Thanked by:

Im in uk and while mine doesnt have the led notification light on the front, I can however set the flash on the back of the phone to 'flash' when a notification comes in. You can set it in message settings.

I know for a fact that the Sprint version of the s4 mini has it. I ordered the Verizon version for myself after seeing that and should be getting that tomorrow and I can't wait. It was a feature I missed having.

I've read countless places and reviews that say the international/some versions in general do not always have the notification LED light. Which knowing Sprint's had it and wanting one/that for myself on Verizon, that had me initially confused for if all companies in the US had the LED feature. But as others have attested it seems the LED indicator has been seen in most US models.
    axllebeer likes this.

Sorry for the double post but I made a video showing the different LED colors.
    I specifically have the SCH-I435 model of the s4 mini and Verizon is my carrier (US).