Loving it so far, but a few questions ...

SamsungNewbie

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Hi Everyone

First post so please be kind and also please don't chastise too quickly when I tell you I've come from a Crackberry (well, at least I finally saw the light PLUS didn't go to the Dark Side of the Iphone!).

Other than finding this whole typing-on-glass malarky a bit odd, am loving the new phone but wonder if any of you can help with a few queries I have.

1) I'm keen to use the password/screenlock when I'm out and about but don't want it on when inside. Is there a quicker way to turn it on and off other than going through the whole palaver of Settings/My device/Lock Screen/Screen Lock etc etc and then the same again to turn it off?

2) Emails - is there any way of 'Marking All Read' or 'Mark prior to a certain date' read. As otherwise I always have the little number badge notification on my email folder (unless I delete and I don't want to delete all).

3) Any way of assigning a certain ringtone to a phone group - i.e. Friends - rather than imputting the ringtone individually under their contact profile?

Also, just a couple of App queries -

Has anyone found an App that:-

1) syncs a clear-to-read/navigate calendar both ways with Microsoft Outlook 2007

2) syncs notes both ways with MS Outlook 2007

Thanks so much in advance.
SamsungNewbie :)

SamsungNewbie

Jul 22, 2013
Visit site
Thanks so much B Diddy for helping with these two points.

Am just looking at the Tasker app you suggested and will need to try and get my head around the techie areas.

Boy, this Android world is different to the Blackberry one!

Thanks again, and if anything springs to mind on the other points, would be great to know.

ATB

SN

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coehlcke