Results 1 to 15 of 15
  1. Thread Author  Thread Author    #1  

    Default Galaxy S4 Mini: big overnight battery drain issue

    My 4 day old Galaxy S4 mini was losing between 20%-40% battery life over night. Tried the basics GPS off, screen down to bout 40% and downloaded juice defender and enabled that last night and managed to lose 50% !!!!! From 55% to 5% in 9 hours idle overnight. Battery meter says 45% was the screen, not sure how this is possible.

    Is my phone beyond help and i should send it back straight away?
    Last edited by NotJustAPhone; 02-23-2014 at 06:18 PM.
  2. #2  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Try installing to see if something is making your phone partially wake up many times overnight, which could contribute to battery drain.

    Also, how's the phone signal where your phone rests overnight? If the signal is lousy, your phone could be eating up battery as it struggles to get a signal.
  3. Thread Author  Thread Author    #3  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    thanks, i'll try those and see how i go, ive just disabled a bunch of syc options as well
  4. #4  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Any luck with the battery so far? Mine seems to be losing way toooo much power with everything turned off. I am thinking of getting a batter with higher mAh from eBay. Not sure if it'll help but I feel like there's not much I can do..?
  5. #5  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Disable all syncing so you only sync programs like email, Twitter, etc when you actually need to use them, switch off mobile data and wifi before going to sleep.
  6. #6  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    when i go to bed i switch off all sync and data feeds, also bluetooth and any running apps, this way my usage over night is between 4-5%, i only turn on wi-fi, bluetooth, gps, mobile data, when needed, i think im a light to average user, with bluetooth music, calls, wi-fi on only occassionaly through out the day, and my s4 mini lasts on average 2 days
  7. #7  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    I have the same issue. My battery drains 20-30% per night while EVERYTHING is off! And I mean everything...from sync to wifi, gps etc. Also, I put my phone on flight mode, so no signal either...and still it drains that much battery!
    Strange thing though is if I restart my phone after I've charged it...it only uses about 3% per night.
    If I don't restart it...20-30%!!!
    Sooooo, I have to restart my phone everytime I charge it...what a nuisance!
    Anyone else noticed the same problem? Or know why or how to fix it?
  8. #8  
    minu94's Avatar

    Posts
    8 Posts
    Global Posts
    16 Global Posts

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Karoogirl View Post
    I have the same issue. My battery drains 20-30% per night while EVERYTHING is off! And I mean everything...from sync to wifi, gps etc. Also, I put my phone on flight mode, so no signal either...and still it drains that much battery!
    Strange thing though is if I restart my phone after I've charged it...it only uses about 3% per night.
    If I don't restart it...20-30%!!!
    Sooooo, I have to restart my phone everytime I charge it...what a nuisance!
    Anyone else noticed the same problem? Or know why or how to fix it?
    You should flash another rom with Odin. Some ROMs have this problem with huge battery drain in stand-by mode.
  9. #9  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    I had the exact same issue today at work. Battery went from 100% to 63% in about 2 hours, the reason was I had open Skype and left it activated with thewireless network. Foryour case, try activating WiFi over night see if it stops the battery drain.
  10. #10  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Quote Originally Posted by jevalladares View Post
    ... try activating WiFi over night see if it stops the battery drain.
    I am curious - how might activating WiFi stop the battery drain?
  11. #11  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    In my experience the stops seeking for a data conexión when connected using wife instead of a wireless 3G connexion. Especially in areas with bad coverage like where I live.

    Erasmo Valladares
    Twitter: @jevalladares
  12. #12  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Ryanmyo View Post
    My 4 day old Galaxy S4 mini was losing between 20%-40% battery life over night. Tried the basics GPS off, screen down to bout 40% and downloaded juice defender and enabled that last night and managed to lose 50% !!!!! From 55% to 5% in 9 hours idle overnight. Battery meter says 45% was the screen, not sure how this is possible.

    Is my phone beyond help and i should send it back straight away?
    Try to add an external battery and see whether that is draining as fast as the stock battery. If it does, either you didn`t close every unnecessary feature, either the phone should be returned
  13. #13  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    The battery of my Galaxy S4 mini drops overnight frm abt 30 % to maybe 5 % or sometimes 1 %, while the phone is totally SWITCHED OFF ...
    I bought it about 5 months ago.
    Did anybody have similar problems ?
    I sleep in a cold room (12° C) ... can this play a riole ?

    I also wonder if this is a battery problem or a phone problem.

    Thhanks on forehand for all help
  14. #14  

    Default Re: big overnight battery drain issue

    Quote Originally Posted by Roger Delgat View Post
    The battery of my Galaxy S4 mini drops overnight frm abt 30 % to maybe 5 % or sometimes 1 %, while the phone is totally SWITCHED OFF ...
    I bought it about 5 months ago.
    Did anybody have similar problems ?
    I sleep in a cold room (12° C) ... can this play a riole ?

    I also wonder if this is a battery problem or a phone problem.

    Thhanks on forehand for all help
    I don`t think the degrees in your room might be the issue. I took my S4 mini on the moutain, working at -4 temperature and it resisted quite well
  15. #15  

    Default Re: Galaxy S4 Mini: big overnight battery drain issue

    anyone resolved the problem with battery drain overnight? please tell me how...thx

Similar Threads

  1. Insane overnight battery drain
    By natedog155 in forum Samsung Galaxy S4
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 09-16-2013, 12:35 AM
  2. optimus g pro 5.5 inch how big realy then normal
    By Chinmay Panda in forum LG Optimus G Pro
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 08-24-2013, 06:17 PM
  3. No Big Updates to Android OS Until 2015
    By deesugar in forum Rumored Devices Lounge
    Replies: 5
    Last Post: 08-11-2013, 11:05 PM
  4. Big Trouble!
    By chiadrum in forum Verizon Galaxy S3 Rooting, ROMs, and Hacks
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 08-04-2013, 11:02 PM
  5. Charging tablets overnight
    By tacky12 in forum General Help and How To
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 08-01-2013, 01:37 PM

Posting Permissions

B