I've killed my phone!

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
I think I downloaded an app but not sure which one but now something called TouchWiz is preventing from accessing anything on my phone. I just want to return to my original phone settings but at the moment the only thing that's still there is the lock screen. I have tried rebooting to no avail. Can anybody assist in how I can uninstall this app or how I can get back to the phone I had before? I'm scared of losing all my contacts. Thank you in anticipation.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I think I downloaded an app but not sure which one but now something called TouchWiz is preventing from accessing anything on my phone. I just want to return to my original phone settings but at the moment the only thing that's still there is the lock screen. I have tried rebooting to no avail. Can anybody assist in how I can uninstall this app or how I can get back to the phone I had before? I'm scared of losing all my contacts. Thank you in anticipation.

I dont know of any app locking down your phone but...
Did you mess with encryptions? or did you mess with the PUK code?
And did you save all your contacts to Google?

If you did you can just sign back in and everything will come back to the phone, contact, emails, google search etc. Even you applications come back

Can you take a screen shot or a picture of your locked screen?

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Sorry but I'm a bit of a ludite. I don't think I've messed with encryptions and I'm afraid I don't know what PUK is. I have no idea how to sign back in. Don't think I can take a screen shot because I can't do anything with the phone.

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The only two screens I'm getting are one saying no recent apps and another saying complete action using TouchWiz Easy home or TouchWiz home.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Sorry but I'm a bit of a ludite. I don't think I've messed with encryptions and I'm afraid I don't know what PUK is. I have no idea how to sign back in. Don't think I can take a screen shot because I can't do anything with the phone.

Describe the lock screen... what is it asking you to do?

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
The only two screens I'm getting are one saying no recent apps and another saying complete action using TouchWiz Easy home or TouchWiz home.

Oh.... you installed a different launcher. Just complete the task by hitting Touchwiz home. And check mark default. Then it will go back to normal.

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
The lock screen is the only screen that is my original screen. There is nothing unusual about that. When I unlock it I get either of the two screens I've described above. The screen with 'no recent apps' has three icons along the bottom. A storage icon and a google icon, both of which I can access and a third icon which I can't.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
I'm into the TouchWiz info but all the buttons are greyed out and I can't do anything with them.

Im at a lose on this one.. I have never heard what you are describing.
If you have your contacts saved to google. Then I would do a factory reset and just sign back in and it will be back to normal.
The recent apps is when you hold the home button (our double tap I forget) I dont know why it shows that.

Just hit the home button and select Touchwiz if a prompting comes up.

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Now I've gone into TouchWiz home and it's taken me to something resembling my original home screen but not the same. I have access to my apps and contact and such on there but it's not my original settings.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Now I've gone into TouchWiz home and it's taken me to something resembling my original home screen but not the same. I have access to my apps and contact and such on there but it's not my original settings.

Well did you clear the Data or cache in the "Touchwiz" Application where you said it was all greyed out?

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Should I be able to find TouchWiz in my apps somewhere to uninstall it because I can't find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I cleared the data and cache.

Ryandroid86

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Should I be able to find TouchWiz in my apps somewhere to uninstall it because I can't find it.

- - - Updated - - -

Yes, I cleared the data and cache.

Well then that is why. If you cleared the data. It wont show the applications you had on your home screen before. DO NOT DELETE TOUCHWIZ. (I dont think it will let you anyways) but this is what is needed for ALL your features and home launcher

Suz5551

Aug 27, 2013
Visit site
Oh right. I wonder why it all looks different then. Thank you for your help. It's doing things that it didn't do before. Oh c**p, i've managed to bugger something else up now! My home page has gone all big icons and I've lost my layout.

steviecapt

Sep 11, 2013
Visit site
if your having problems, and now because you can use your phone again, try resetting the phone to factory settings, this will restore the phone to the same settings when you first turned it on, and after that you can then go and customise to the way you like it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty