Text length limit - how to fix?

Smoelf

Sep 1, 2013
Visit site
I just bought the s4 mini yesterday and am therefore still in the process of getting to know it.

Now, before this one I've had several Nokias and latest an HTC One S and they've almost all been able to manage up to six texts before converting to MMS, but the Mini converts after three already. Quite frustrating as I've never been very good at "short and concise".

Is there any way to fix it? (reading the 135 pages long manual didn't offer any insight)
Maybe I should add that this is the standard message app-thingy - I'm not too comfortable allowing Handcent or Go (or any of the others) to read my texts, record audio, test access to protected storage etc.

Any thoughts?

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
I just bought the s4 mini yesterday and am therefore still in the process of getting to know it.

Now, before this one I've had several Nokias and latest an HTC One S and they've almost all been able to manage up to six texts before converting to MMS, but the Mini converts after three already. Quite frustrating as I've never been very good at "short and concise".

Is there any way to fix it? (reading the 135 pages long manual didn't offer any insight)
Maybe I should add that this is the standard message app-thingy - I'm not too comfortable allowing Handcent or Go (or any of the others) to read my texts, record audio, test access to protected storage etc.

Any thoughts?

Text character limit is set by the ROM itself. So there is really nothing that can be done, aside from flashing a new ROM, but even then, the character limits are usually pretty equal.